FAST-AG018Acad. year: 2020/2021
Introduction to town and regional planning, the legislative and administrative background, instruments of planning, planning at the level of a big city and region, medium and small town and rural settlement, assessment of urban plans, information on a territory, regional planning in the Czech Republic and EU development programmes, sustainable development of settlements and landscape.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e. basic grasp of the legislative and administrative connections of town planning, data, documentation, the instruments of town and regional planning, the principles of settlement unit planning.
The subject connects with the knowledge acquired in the urbanistic disciplines of the preceding semesters. It partly applies the knowledge acquired in the typological and architectonic disciplines.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Nature of town planning, the law and related legislation, government and local administration
2. Territory development regulation
3. Territory condition ananlysis, exploration, indicators
4. Regional planning data, planning documentation, the planning permit
5. Working-out methodology of planning documentation
6. Principles of planning big cities and urban regions
7. Principles of planning the medium and small cities development
8. Principles of planning the village development
9. Assessment of town and regional planning projects – ex ante evaluation
10. Information database of a territory, statistics, geodetic database, government administration database, GIS as a component part of planning
11. Technical requirements
12. Sustainable development of settlements and landscape, the territorial system of ecological stability
13. Regional development promotion projects in CZ and EU, participation of the public
Basic grasp of the legislative and administrative connections of town planning, data, documentation, the instruments of town and regional planning, the principles of settlement unit planning.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.