Interior and the Inner Space
FAST-AG009Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic informations on the creation of the inner architectonic space – interior and the subject-related disciplines facilitating a qualified orientation within the determining attributes of the spatial composition of a construction work, with the emphasis being on the architectonic and design details. Perception of the detail (structural and design one) as a part of the whole - a construction work.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e. knowledge of the typology of the inner space of buildings, technology and materials, anthropometry and ergonometry, loose furniture, barrier-free space, exhibition design and scenic design, contemporary interior design.
The subject is an individual dicipline with its own methodology of work and logic of gradually gained information. It is partly based on the knowledges acquired in the typological subjects taught in the preceding semesters.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Development of the architectonic space and interior
2. Structures, technologies and materials in the creation of the architectonic space
3. Anthropometry and ergonometry in the creation of the architectonic space and the detail
4. Architectonic barier-free space
5. Loose furniture – history, the present, the future
6. Essential attributes of the architectonic space (colour, light, sound, etc.)
7. Technical means which determining the quality of the architectonic space
8. Requirements for the interior of buildings according to the typological kinds
9. Work of arts and the design as a part of the architectonic space
10. Exhibition design and scenic design – history, the present, the future
11. New forms in the historical environment /inclusive design space/
12. Contemporary architectonic space – interior
13. Communicative aspect of the space, ethics of an architect´s work, the future of the discipline
Knowledge of the typology of the inner space of buildings, technology and materials, anthropometry and ergonometry, loose furniture, barrier-free space, exhibition design and scenic design, contemporary interior design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.