Building Constructions 1
FAST-AH001Acad. year: 2020/2021
• The course is an introduction to building construction, its nomenclature, classification, structure, building construction and related building components - a summary of the technical system design of the building.
• Understand the basic construction terminology.
• They established the basic requirements for the main construction works and a brief summary.
• Great attention is paid to the principles of building design and construction legislation.
• The performance of building materials and their properties, including modular coordination.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student copes aim subject adoption basic technology and
knowledge base obtained by applid, inclusive completive elements terrestrial constructions at illumination legislative frames and types building documentation in the process of
build - up.
Written and graphic level of expression, respect for the most basic medical terminology, basic material knowledge, basic general engineering knowledge, logical thinking.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction and performance issues in building construction; process of building design, a balanced cooperation professions. Basic functional, material, technological and technical requirements for construction.
2. Types of buildings (residential, industrial, agricultural and special structures). Features of the house and its interior and environment - a brief typological rules..
3. Basic terminology, overview of basic structures.
4. Requirements at building constructions; resistance of constructions opposite external impacts; Requirements at conteinmant and hygiene inside surroundings; technological requirements; ecological requirements; economic requirements. Stability and spatial rigidity of the building, the principles for structural design of buildings.
5. The principles of proportionality, the principle of modular coordination, implementation module in building construction, coordination dimensions.
6. Construction materials; physical and chemical properties of materials. The building envelope, finishes, windows and doors.
7. Basic introduction to the supporting vertical and horizontal structures.
8. Brief introduction to: Foundations, roofing systems for buildings, inclined support structure.
9. Designing in construction; building legislation, Czech technical standards (model building system principle design solution).
10. Process and realization of building; main participients of process; period of process. The methodology of of the design process works. Legislation – technical requirements for buildings.
11. Caring for buildings: maintenance and repair, the modernization and reconstruction of buildings.
12. Problems of using buildings by persons with reduction ability of movement and orientation; principle of design; health sense of quality inside surroudings of building.
13. Thermal protection of buildings and principles for saving energy - indoor thermal comfort, thermal properties of structures, energy efficiency.
Introduction into problems of building construction.
Preview basic terminology of comstruction frames and their parts.
Introduction to design of buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.