FAST-HE63Acad. year: 2020/2021
Programme layout, the establishment of the project, import raster, vector import, work with a list of coordinates, inserting and editing elements and attributes, spatial SQL queries, spatial analyses, creating outputs, presentations.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
GIS I course
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic knowledge of ArcInfo and ArcCatalog environment, the establishment of the project.
2. Importing raster layers, raster transformation.
3. Import vector layers, vector transformation.
4. Import list of coordinates from a text file and Excel.
5. Working with the elements, inserting, editing elements and attributes.
6. Import drawings in DGN format, spatial SQL queries.
7. Creating output presentation.
8. Spatial analyses.
9. - 10. Working on final project.
Ability of independent creation of project in ArcInfo.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer