3D Modelling in CAD Systems
FAST-IU54Acad. year: 2020/2021
Advanced utilization of modern CAD systems. Design of 3D models - general operations, 3D sets calculus, CAD commands in 3D space. Techniques of model views, rendering.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Modeling in 2D in CAD systems
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Ellen Finkelstein: Mistrovství v AutoCADU 2004. Computer Press 2004
Novotná H.: AutoCAD II.. Internetové učební texty 2003
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic orientation in 3D space, cutouts, coordinate systems
2. Views, methods of displaying of model
3. Wire mesh model
4. Design and using of 3D surfaces
5. Directly created 3D bodies and their features
6. Modeling by means of 3D sets calculus
7.-9. Other modeling techniques
10. Perspective and views
11. Materials mapping
12. Lights, scenes, background
13. Rendering and model prezentation
Individual design of advanced drawing documentation.
Basics of 3D objects modelling and their visualization.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer