Management of Quality and Environment
FAST-CJ53Acad. year: 2020/2021
Quality in civil engineering and in industry, the connection between quality of building materials and building quality as final product, the task of organisations management in securing the quality. Checking and testing, metrology in the technology of building materials and components production and on building sites.
The system ISO 9000 and the connected standards, their development and procedural approach. Elements of quality management system (QMS – the role of management, sources, processes, monitoring, improvements etc.) Importance of statistical methods, simple instruments of QMS.
Quality economics. Total quality of management (TQM).
Environmentally oriented management systems of organizations (EMS), basic elements, relation of ISO system standards series 9000 and 14000, integrated management and audit systems.
Technical demands, products and production safety. Legal quality aspects, ecology, responsibility for the product, legislation in our country and in the other counries EU.
Certification of quality and environmental systems, methods of auditing, case studies.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring skills for synthesizing the knowledge from main technological disciplines of the branch and strengthening their systematic and process approach. Further the deepening of knowledge on the importance of quality, technical control, metrology in production and influence of quality on the construction realization. Further acquiring knowledge and skills in the methodology proposal and evaluations of the quality management systems, environment management and safety in production and in companies.
Procedural knowledge of technological operation including chemical and physical processes and the function of machinery: binders, ceramics, concrete, elements and lightweight building materials
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Mizuno S.: Řízení jakosti. Victoria Publishing, Praha, 1995.
Pytlík,P.:: Ekologie ve stavebnictví. SPS Praha, 1997.
Ashford, J. L: The Management of Duality in Construction. E.a F.N. Spoon, 1998.
Jaroslav Nenadál,; Darja Noskievičová; Růžena Petříková; Jiří Plura; Josef Tošenovský: Moderní systémy řízení jakosti. DTO CZ s.r.o., 2007.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Importance of quality in building industry, role of company management in securing the quality.
2. Inspection, tests, metrology in building materials technology.
3. The system ISO 9000 and connected standards, their development and procedural approach. Elements of quality management system (QMS- the role of management, sources, processes, monitoring, improvements etc.)
4. Importance of statistical methods, simple tools of QMS.
5. Quality economy, problems of records and evaluation of discords. 6. Total quality management (TQM), application possibilities in the building industry.
7. Environmentally oriented management systems (EMS), basic elements.
8. Safety systems, relation of ISO system standards 9000, 14000 and 18000, integrated systems of management and of audit.
9. Technical demands on products, safety of products and processes. Legal aspects of quality, ecology, responsibility for the product, legislation in our country and in the EU.
10. Methods of QMS implementation, QMS documentation in practice. Certification of quality and of environmental systems, auditing methods.
Ability to apply a synthetic knowledge of branch main technological disciplines and of improvement of their systemic and procedural conception. Improvement of knowledge and significance of quality, technical control and metrology in the production and of influence of quality on building realization. Acquiring of knowledge and skills in methods of systems proposal and quality management evaluation, environment and security in production and in whole organizations. Achieving an overview of actual technical and legislative demands in industrial branches of building materials.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.