Project Management of Building Constructions II
FAST-CV09Acad. year: 2020/2021
In the subject students will deepen and diversify their knowledge from the subject Project Management I. Attention is focused on construction projects from the aspect of buildings contractors. Part of the education is construction and technological preparation dealing with construction process and methods of construction. In detail it is solved the flow method and associated balancing and linking of particular flows. Part of the education it is a proposal and realization of construction site. With the building realization it is connected project controlling, assurance of quality, safety and health protection, protection of environment. Students work with the software Contec.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge and skills from project management and to adopt concrete procedures and methods in construction project management.
Managed basics of project management, phasing of projects associated with construction, content and methods of planning and realization of constructions, technology of building production and basics of network analysis.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
NOVÝ, Martin, NOVÁKOVÁ, Jana a WALDHANS, Miloš: Projektové řízení staveb II. Brno: VUT v Brně, Fakulta stavební, 2006. Elektronická studijní opora. (CS)
MATĚJKA, Vladimír: Management projektů spojených s výstavbou. Praha: Informační centrum České komory autorizovaných inženýrů a techniků činných ve výstavbě, 2001. ISBN 80-86364-56-9. (CS)
LEVY, Sidney, M.: Project management in construction. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2002. ISBN 0-07-139587-3. (EN)
JARSKÝ, Čeněk: Příprava a realizace staveb. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2003. ISBN 80-7204-282-3. (CS)
TICHÝ, Milík: Projekty a zakázky ve výstavbě. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2008. ISBN 978-80-7400-009-6. (CS)
DOLEŽAL, Jan, Pavel MÁCHAL a Branislav LACKO: Projektový management podle IPMA. Praha: Grada, 2012. ISBN 978-80-247-4275-5. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Project management, construction project management, types of activities and partners in construction process
2. Organization and definitions of construction firm, construction and technological preparation, production process management, fundamental terms
3. Construction contract process as project, production process, methods of construction, flow method
4. Parameters of flows, types of flows, flow period, schema of flow progress, flows balancing, jointing of particular flows
5. Application Contec – construction and technological network chart, types of connections, basic functions, data, typical graphs, modelling and outputs
6. Construction site – fundamental terms and requirements, division, operational part, objects for maintenance and reparations, site communications, stocks and stockpiles, water supply, drainage
7. Construction site – electricity supply, operational protection and safety, production part, social and hygienic objects, lifting mechanisms, methodology of proposal
8. Project controlling, analysis of achieved value of outputs and project costs development, system progress reporting
9. Conception, assurance and control of quality
10. Environmental protection, assurance and liquidation of wastes, recycling
11. Safety and health protection in construction process
12. Certification of project manager D degree according to the International Project Management Association principles
13. Information for construction and civil engineering
To get further knowledge and skills from project management and to adopt concrete procedures and methods in construction project management. Necessary knowledge for planning and management of projects on the supplier’s side. Presumption for acquiring project manager certification in Czech Republic according to IPMA policy for level D „Certified Project Management Associate".
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.