Geodetical Astronomy and Space Geodesy II
FAST-HE06Acad. year: 2020/2021
Dynamic of satellite orbit in gravity field - problem of two bodies.
Disturbed and undisturbed satellite movement.
Observation methods of tracking satellites.
Global navigational satellite systems with particular view to GPS and it‘s application.
Other techniques of satellite geodesy(SLR, satellite altimetry, DORIS, satellite Earth gravity missions).
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students got wider knowledges in field of space geodesy.
Kinematics and dynamics of motion, Newton‘s motional laws, Newton‘s gravitational law, law of refraction and reflection of the light, dispersion of wave motion, methods of modulation of waves, field of dissipative forces, physical conditions in Earth‘s atmosphere.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Fixel Jan: Geodetická astronomie I a základy kosmické geodézie. VUTIUM, 2000. (CS)
MACHOTKA, R.; FIXEL, J.: GEODETICKÁ ASTRONOMIE A KOSMICKÁ GEODÉZIE II, KOSMICKÁ GEODÉZIE. VUT v Brně - studijní opora, 2007. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Problem of two bodies, Kepler’s laws.
2. Disturbed and undisturbed satellite movement.
3. Optical and electronic observation methods of tracking satellites.
4. Use of satellites for solving basic problems.
5. Basic methods of determination of position.
6. GPS – system description.
7. GPS – application in surveying.
8. GPS – receivers, related settlements.
9. Satellite altimetry, satellite Earth gravity missions, Earth Gravity Models.
10. Other techniques of satellite geodesy (SLR, DORIS).
Introduction with spatial geodesy, particularly with satellite geodesy. Students become familiar with dynamism of satellite motion in gravitational field, with methods of terrestrial satellites tracking and results processing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.