FAST-ZD2Acad. year: 2020/2021
Personal management, personalistic function, direction of human resources, evaluational system of workers, motivation, psychology of work and management, structure of an organization and management, rewarding, management styles, managerial image, professiogram, planning, organizing, corporate culture, work environment.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of managerial principles and their connections with management. Understanding of human change in firm culture, manager´s personality and firm strategy.
Basic knowledge from secondary school from subject "Foundations of society studies" or "Civics", basic knowledge from subject "Economic theory foundantions" in the Faculty of Civil Engineering BUT.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I.: Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha: Management Press 2002
GIDDENS, A.: Sociology. Blackwell, Polity Press 1997
ŠTĚPANÍK, J. - KOHOUTEK, R.: Psychologie práce a řízení. Brno: CERM 2000
DRUCKER, P. F.: Efektivní vedoucí. Praha: Management Press 1992
KELLER, J.: Úvod do sociologie. Brno: SLON 1999
LINKESCHOVÁ, D., NOVÝ, I.: Vedení a řízení lidí ve stavební firmě. Brno: URS 2000
MEYER, D.: Social Psychology. New York: McGraw-Hill 1993
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Context of managerial psychology and sociology. Development and perspectives in the theory and practise of management.
2. The conception of management in an organization. The theory of conflict and the theory od consensus applied to companies.
3. Personnel management. A manager‘s personality. The theory of personality.
4. Social position and the role of manager. Society, groups, the structure of an organization.
5. Managerial communication skills. Verbal and nonverbal communication. Presentations. Brainstorming. Directed meeting. Discussion.
6. A manager‘s career. Psychology of work performance. Professiogram. Analysis of work performance.
7. Motivation in work and management. Bonuses. The hierarchy of needs. Motivation factors.
8. Corporate culture and ethics. Ethics in business and leadership. Work groups and teams.
9. Managerial functions and styles. Planning. Organizing.
10. The managerial image. Mental hygiene in a manager´s life. Stress, prevention and adaptive mechanisms.
11. The psychology of work, marketing and management. The development of creativity.
12. Public relations and communication with the media. The theory of communication in managerial practise.
13. Corporate ethics and identity. Characteristics of the work environment. Factors of the work environment.
This subject gives orientation in psychological and sociological aspects of the theory of management; provides a view to direction from the side of social sciences. The absolvent of this subject obtains knowledge from area of applicated psychology, personalistics, psychology of work and management and personal management. The subject is suitable almost to theoretic knowledge about structure of organizations and companies in technical practise.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer