Commerce and Sales Promotion
FP-BoppPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The subject deliveres review of trade activities. It introduces to the students the basic operations - purchase and sale, transporation and logistic, research of market and sale services providing. It characterizes the term trade category and their imporatnce for the realization of the trade activities. It explains basic form of the trade and set of conditions in which framework is business realized. To explain relation activities to the basic corporate functions.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students develop knowledge regarding review of the trade and activities connected to the realization of the activities with the strong intention to the sales promotion. They be able explain term trade and trade activities, characterize social and economical importance of the trade, define term trade categories and their importance for the trade conditions, explain set of the conditions, in which is trade realized, show to the requirements of the trade in European market.
It is presupossed knowledge of basic macroekonomical and microeconomical ralations, corporate functions and corporate economics and knowledge of trade-law relationship of the company.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
ČERNÝ, V. Prodejní techniky. 1.vyd. Praha:Computer Press, 2003, str.470, ISBN 80-251-0032-4. (CS)
STORBACKA, K., LEHTINEN, J. Řízení vztahů se zákazníky: (customer relationship management). 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2002. 167 s. Expert. ISBN 80-7169-813-X. (CS)
TELLIS, G.J. Reklama a podpora prodeje. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 2000. 620s. ISBN 80-7169-997-7.
DENNY, R. Prodejem k vítězství. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2009. 192s. ISBN 978-80-251-2505-2. (CS)
SANT, T. Významní světoví prodejci. Jejich metody a prodejní techniky. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2007. 213s. ISBN 978-80-251-1457-5 (CS)
De PELSMACKER, P., GEUENS, M., VAN DEN BERG, J. Marketingová komunikace. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 2003. 581s (16s přílohy). ISBN 80-247-0254-1.
BELCH, G. E., BELCH, M. A. Introduction to Advertising and Promotion Management. Boston: Irwin. 1990. 770s. ISBN 0-256-07972-2. (EN)
LUKOSZOVÁ, X. Nákup a jeho řízení. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2004. 170s. ISBN 80-251-0174-6.
KOTLER, P., WONG, V., SAUNDERS, J., ARMSTRONG, G. Moderní marketing. 4. evropské vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 1041s. ISBN 978-80-247-1545-2. (CS)
CLOW, K. E., BAACK. D. Reklama, propagace marketingová komunikace. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2008.484s. ISBN 978-80-251-1769-9.
JOHNSTON, M. W., MARSHALL, G. W. Contemporary Selling: Building Relationships, Creating Value. 4th ed. New York: Routledge. 2013. 411p. ISBN 978-0-415-52350-9
LYKOVÁ, J. Jak organizovat a řídit úspěšný prodej. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 2002. 200s. ISBN 80-247-0205-3.
SCHIFFMAN, L., G., KANUK, L., L. Nákupní chování. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2004, str. 633, ISBN 80-251-0094-4
JOBBER, D., LANCASTER, G. Management prodeje. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2001. 431s. ISBN 80-7226-533-4. (CS)
PAYNE, A. Handbook pf CRM: Achieving Excellence in Customer Management. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. 2006, 438s. ISBN 978-07506-6437-0. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
In the framewor of lectures will used the Power Point presentations, case studies and discussions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Students have to demonstrate systematic and on-going work. The final assessment is classified according to ECTS and will depend not only on the results of the written examination of knowledge, but also the active participation of students in controlled lectures (seminars). The aim of evaluation is to test the knowledge, abilities and skills through team processing of the project, completing assignments and test.
Partial activities Maximum number of points
Lectures of Experts 5
Partial Proposal of Team Project 2
Presentation of the Team Project 8
Team Project 25
Total Points 50
(min.25 for credit)
Examination - written 100
(min. 50 points)
A total of 150 points can be achieved, which will be converted to 100 points on the ECTS scale
Language of instruction
1. Trade and its definition. Functions of the trade. Trade nad marketing.
2. Characterization of the current trade. Trade on the B2B, B2C and B2G markets. Specifications of the trade.
3. Structure of the trade. Trade in Czech Republic. Trade in the Internet period. Legal and ethical aspects of the trade.
4. Purchase management. Definition of the function of the purchase. Terminology. Objects and forms of the purchase. Models of the purchase. Logistic, marketing, informatic and administration of the purchase.
5. Research of purchase market. Purchase marketing mix.Conditions of purchase marketing.
6. Developing of customer-supplier relationships. Model of the functioning of the supply chain. Information flows between the functions of purchasing and other functional areas of the company.
7. Sales management. Role and importants of the sale. Sales activities. Sorts of the sales. Personal sales´ skills. Sales strategies. Sales techniques.
8. Preparation and organization of the sale. Selection, trainning and evaluation of salesman. Salesman and professionalism.
9. Consumer behaviour (B2B, B2C). Sales Relationship Management. Creating of supplier-customer relationship. Consumer protection.
10. Sale and integrated marketing communication. Sales and marketing planning. Process of communication, models. Communication strategy.
11. Personal sales and direct marketing. Sales teams and their role.
12. Advantages and development of direct marketing. Forms of direct marketing.
13. Strategy of sale promotion. Sale promotion and advertisement. Retail, wholesale, intermediary, customer.
Link of the subject to the LAPROCO Lab:
- Link of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to other systems to support business process management
- Link to the Value-creation cycle for customers
The aim fo the subject is to explain terminology of the trade and activities connected to the trade with the impact on sales promotion.
Explain relation activities to the basic corporate functions. To characterize set of enviromental conditions in which are the trade activities realized in the Czech Republic and in wider European envinronment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
It is fully in competence of lthe teacher. Active presentation in the lecture and continuous control of the knowledge int the lectures.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory