FP-KobPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The principal provides an overview of trading activities. It introduces students to its basic operations - by purchasing and selling, transporting, maintaining inventory, researching and influencing the market, and providing business services. It defines the concept of a business category and its importance for the realization of business activities. It explains the basic forms of trade, the importance of retailing, the retail function, the retail performance, the retail life cycle, the retail circuit hypothesis, the retail life cycle stage, the retailers, the importance of wholesale, the wholesale function, and the set of conditions in which trading takes place.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students develop knowledge regarding review of the trade and activities connected to the realization of the activities with the strong intention to the company economic. They be able explain term trade and trade activities, characterize social and economical importance of the trade, define term trade categories and their importance for the trade conditions, explain set of the conditions, in which is trade realized, show to the requirements of the trade in European market.
It is presupossed knowledge of basic macroekonomical and microeconomical ralations, corporate functions and corporate economics and knowledge of trade-law relationship of the company.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
ČERNÝ, V. Prodejní techniky. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2003. 470 s. ISBN 80-251-0032-4.
JOBBER, D.; LANCASTER, G. Management prodeje. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2001. 431s. ISBN 80-7226-533-4.
SCHIFFMAN,L., G.; KANUK, L., L. Nákupní chování. Brno: Computer Press, 2004, 633 s., ISBN 80-251-0094-4.
DENNY, R. Prodejem k vítězství. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2009. 192 s. ISBN 978-80-251-2505-2.
KITA, J. Nákup a predaj na trhu výrobnej sféry. Bratislava: Ekonomická univerzita, 2002, 306 s. ISBN 80-89047-50-5
MULAČOVÁ, V.; MULAČ, P. a kol.Obchodní podnikání ve 21. století. GRADA Publishing, a.s., 2013. 520 s. ISBN 978-80-247-4780-4.
LUKOSZOVÁ, X. Nákup a jeho řízení. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2004. 170 s. ISBN 80-251-0174-6.
SANT, T. Významní světoví prodejci. Jejich metody a prodejní techniky. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press, 2007. 213 s. ISBN 978-80-251-1457-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
In the framework of lectures will used the Power Point presentations, case studies and discussions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Students have to demonstrate systematic and on-going work. The final assessment is classified according to ECTS and will depend not only on the results of the written examination of knowledge, but also the active participation of students in controlled lectures (seminars). The aim of evaluation is to test the knowledge, abilities and skills through team processing of the project, completing assignments and test.
- Proposal of the project 5points
- Team Project (including presentation) 35points
- Partial activities (including lectures of profesionals from companies) 10points
Exam (writing) (100points)
Total evaluation (sum of points from seminras and pounts form exam)/1,5
Language of instruction
1. Trade and trading activities - characteristics. Definitions and functions. Business and marketing.
2. B2C, B2B, and B2G markets. Specifics of the trade. Commerce at the time of the Internet. Independent trade, transnational networks. Forms of cooperation and integration of the trade.
3. Characteristics of current trade. Structure of trade. Trade in the Czech Republic. Legal and ethical business issues.
4. Retail, wholesale and intermediation systems for goods and services. Principles of solution, localization and arrangement of retail and wholesale.
5. Purchase and management. Purchasing Features Characteristics. Definitions. Objects and forms of purchase.
6. Purchasing Process Models. Marketing the buying process. Market Research Research. Shopping marketing mix. Terms of shopping marketing.
7. Sale and its management. The characteristics of the sale, its position and its role. Selling strategy. Personal sales skills. Selling techniques.
8. Organization of Purchase and Sale. Importance and classification of business relationships. Creating supplier-customer relations.
9. Consumer behavior of consumers and organizations. Consumer protection.
10. Technology of trading. Trading operations. Mechanization devices and devices. Trade assortment, shopping environment.
11. Business and marketing planning. Marketing Intelligence for Successful Business Planning.
12. Business Economics. Identification of Key Measurement Indicators (KPIs) in the shop.
13. Personal sales and direct marketing. The nature of personal sales. The role of sales teams. Assembling sales teams. Selection, training and evaluation of dealers. Basic selling techniques.
The aim of the subject is to clarify the concept of business and trading activities in relation to the economy of these activities.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
It is fully in competence of lthe teacher. Active presentation in the lecture and continuous control of the knowledge int the lectures.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BAK-EP Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 6 credits, compulsory