Advanced 3D Modelling
FEKT-MPA-POMAcad. year: 2020/2021
To handle the work using the electronic definition method of the product on the SolidWorks system. This method represent complex solution, which unite individual islands in one logic whole from the sketch form- design up to self-connection to the production in opposite of the classic method of TPV, when on the development of the complex product cooperate several working groups and its necessary very precision activity coordination. The simulating of the technology process of the production, the analysis with the simulating program input to the process of TPV, kinematic simulation, finite element method, finite volume method, 3D print, movies making using the PhotoView sudio module.
Nabízen zahradničním studentům
Pouze domovské fakulty
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- The student will be apprised with the EPD - Electronic Product Definition - electronic product definition.
- The student will be able to create more complex shapes in the SolidWorks system, including the production of sheet metal parts of the cabinet type.
- Student will be able to master animation * .avi format including creation in 3D Photo View.
- The student will have an overview of the PDM, PLM, ERP systems as a CAD system upgrade.
- The student will be familiar with the CAM system and with the possibilities of creating the NC code.
- The student will have an overview of 3D printing options.
- Student will have an overview of the possibilities of CAE Computer Aided Engineering - output of 3D volume modeling as a basis for mathematical and physical analysis.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Pagáč, M.; Učebnice SolidWorks (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture are conducted by using PowerPoint presentation, short video - clips and films and discussion with students. Exercising are divided on computer and reckoning exercising. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
30 count - work over semester
70 count - test in last semester
Language of instruction
1. The way of technical preparation of the production before the onset of IT, a significant change coming with the advent of IT (CAD, PDM, PLM, ERP, CAE, CAM systems).
2. Computer Aided Design (CAD), computer supported projecting, last development, 2D, 3D, explicit and parametric modeling.
3. The principles of parametric modeling, EPD (Electronic Product Definition).
4. Drawing documentation in the age of 3D volume modeling.
5. PDM as an extension of CAD. Product Data Management (PDM) – enterprise data management and management, as a system for managing and managing product data and related work processes: CAD models, drawings, BOMs, parts data, product specifications, NC programs, analysis results, related correspondence, etc., document editing. PDM users: developers, designers, factory workers, project managers, people from sales, marketing, purchasing, finance, who can also contribute to product design.
6. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) – Product Lifecycle Management as a product lifecycle management process from the first idea through design, construction and production to servicing and disposal of the product. PLM as the central repository for information: Dealers' sales notes, catalogs, customer responses, marketing plans, archived project plans, and other information gathered over the life of each product.
7. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Enterprise Resource Planning. Enterprise system for computer management and integration of planning, inventory, purchasing, sales, marketing, finance, human resources, etc.
8. Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) – engineering analysis, economic benefits, relation to the experimental tests.
9. Finite element method – basics, using.
10. Finite volume method – basics, using, Computational fluid dynamics (CFD), calculation of the fluid dynamics.
11. Computer Aided Manufacturing - computer-controlled production, computer-aided production. Use of specialized programs and equipment to automate the production, assembling and control of products.
12. Computer Aided Manufacturing CAM. Methodology of NC code creation.
13. CAD, CAM, CAE, PDM, PLM, ERP, CAM – overviews.
The 3D volume model creation, more complicated shapes.
Creating drawn profiles.
Creation of sheet metal parts - cabinets of switchboards.
Creating a video presentation
Making video presentation in 3D Photo View Studio
3D print issues
The goal is to apprise the students with the new trend in technical preparation of the production, when the development is taking complexly by deployment of the system from the development to the production. The students deepen knowledge in making more complex 3D volume models. They obtain the overview of the possibility of kinematic analysis, the movie making in the 3D studo environment PhotoView, output on CAM and 3D print.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.