Project Practice 1
FIT-IP1Acad. year: 2020/2021
- About 10% of students who have successfully completed their first year of study, ie 50-60 students per year, are expected to participate.
- Each year, the departments will be allocated the maximum number of projects they can offer, based on the recalculated number of academic and scientific staff (with a Ph.D. or equivalent) and according to the funding of the department for solved scientific, research and innovation projects.
- Instructors appointed by the head of the department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in a similar way as in the bachelor's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- A prerequisite for enrollment in the project will be completion of all compulsory subjects of the first year.
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will reach an ability to solve autonomously an individual project from a practical range, to describe the solution and individually defend it.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Chris A. Mack. How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. Published: 2018. PDF ISBN: 9781510619142 | Print ISBN: 9781510619135. https://doi.org/10.1117/3.2317707
Podle zaměření individuálního projektu.
According to orientation of the project.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A student works on the assigned task according to his/her
supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend
regular consultations with the supervisor.
Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of the department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit, it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be able to continue in the follow-up course "IP2e - Project practice 2".
Language of instruction
To make talented bachelor students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by research and development groups under the expert leadership of a project supervisor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.