Modern Microelectronic Systems
FEKT-DKA-ME1Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject is focused on the study of modern microelectronic components, systems and advanced technologies in the form of seminars and self-study activities. The student will obtain an overview of basic and advanced methods and techniques of scientific and engineering work and utilization of literature sources. He will be able to orientate in the field of modern microelectronics and components, the design of integrated circuits and microelectronic systems and the use of modern technologies in micro- and nanoelectronics.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of metologies of scientific work.
Knowledge of basic electronic components, circuits and systems is assumed.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Sedra, A.S., Smith, K.C.: Microelectronic circuits. Seventh edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, . ISBN 978-0199339136. (EN)
Luryi, S., Xu, J., Zaslavsky, A.: Future Trends in Microelectronics [online]. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, 2016 [cit. 2018-08-01]. ISBN 9781119069225. (EN)
Razavi, B.: Design of analog CMOS integrated circuits. Second edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education, . ISBN 9780072524932. (EN)
Pelgrom, M.J.M.: Analog-to-digital conversion. New York, NY: Springer Science+Business Media, 2016. ISBN 978-3-319-44970-8. (EN)
Monsurr`o, P., Pennisi, S., Scotti, G., Trifiletti, A.: Exploiting the Body of MOS Devices for High Performance Analog Design, IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 8-23, 2011. DOI: 10.1109/MCAS.2011.942751 (EN)
STEPHAN, Karl David. Analog and mixed-signal electronics. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, . ISBN 978-1118782668. (EN)
Baranov, S., 2017. High Level Synthesis of Digital Systems: For Data Path and Control dominated systems, Print Replica. Print Replica. ISBN-13: 978-1-7750917-1-4 (EN)
Baranov, S., 2017. Finite State Machines and Algorithmic State Machines: Fast and Simple Design of Complex Finite State Machines. Print Replica. ISBN-13: 978-1-7750917-0-7 (EN)
Younes Shabany (2011). Heat Transfer: Thermal Management of Electronics. CRC Press. pp. 111–113. ISBN 978-1-4398-1468-0. (EN)
Johnson Wayne R. Electronic Packaging Approches dor Low/High Temperature Environments. In: Extreme Environment Electronics. Ed. by John D. Cressler and H. Alan Mantooth, pp. 765-790. ISBN: 978-1-4398-7430-1. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Presentation and discussion in the form of a colloquium - recognized colloquium.
Language of instruction
1. Problems and its complex analysis
2. System theory, system approach, systam analyssi and synthesisi
3. Theory of modelling
4. Modern electronic devices for microelectronics circuits and systems
5. New trends of devices for integrated circuits
6. Microelectronics technology - 3D chips, flexible circuits and substrates, mounting techniques, testing
7. - 8. Modern analog circuits
9. - 10. Modern digital circuits
11. New trends in mixed signal circuits design
12. Novel circuit pronciples and trends for integrated circuit design
13. Novel methods in microelectronics systems design and construction
Students will be acquainted with basic and advanced methods and techniques of scientific work in the field of modern microelectronic components, systems and technologies.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKA-KAM Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-EKT Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKAD-EIT Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-MET Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-SEE Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-TLI Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-TEE Doctoral, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer