CISCO Academy 1 - CCNA
FEKT-XCA1Acad. year: 2020/2021
It covers the CCNA curriculum Introduction to Networks that deals with fundamentals of IP networking. Practicals include planning and building of small IP networks.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student should be able to:
- describe basic entities for network communication,
- describe ISO/OSI and TCP/IP models,
- describe individual layer of TCP/IP model,
- explain purpose and principle of communication protocols,
- describe Ethernet technology,
- develop IP addressing schemes,
- implement a network using routers and switches,
- explain operation of router,
- explain operation of switch,
- implement basic security of networking devices.
Students should be able to work with English literature and have knowledge about basics of information and communication technologies.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Páv, M. a kol. CCNA Exploration – Základy sítí. VOŠ a SPŠE Plzeň, studijní materiál, 2011. (CS)
Páv, M. a kol. CCNA Exploration – Směrování, koncepce, protokoly. VOŠ a SPŠE Plzeň, studijní materiál, 2011. (CS)
Cisco Networking Academy: Introduction to Networks Companion Guide (CCNAv7). Cisco press, USA, 2020, ISBN-13: 978-0-13-663366-2. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The teaching methods include lectures and practical laboratories. The course uses e-learning system Moodle.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Student is assessed by taking theoretical tests and practical exam. Details about evaluation procedures are specified in the document 'Course assessment' available at the course e-learning.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the course, Networking Today
2. Basic Switch and End Device Configuration
3. Protocol Models
4. Physical Layer, Number Systems
5. Data Link Layer, Ethernet Switching
6. Network Layer, Address Resolution
7. Basic Router Configuration, IPv4 Addressing
8. IPv6 Addressing, ICMP
9. Transport Layer
10. Application Layer
11. Network Security Fundamentals
12. Build a Small Network
13. Revision and binding of individual topics
The course introduces the basic principles of network communication. First course of Cisco academy CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is covered in the most recent version.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans