Computers and Programming
FEKT-HPOPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course is oriented to basic pronciples of information technologies. It is focused on getting knowledge about representation and coding of information, algorithmization, networking, computer organization, basics of object-oriented programming and practical knowledge on programming in MATLAB Programming Software.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will be able to:
- describe computer structure,
- explain fundamental terms of information technologies,
- write an algorithm in symbolic language,
- explain fundamental principles of computer communication,
- explain fundamentals of object-oriented programming,
- understand a program written in Java language,
- understand a program written in MATLAB programming software.
The student should have basic user experience with information technologies.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Pecinovský R, Virius M: Učebnice programování - základy algoritmizace. Grada Publishing, Praha 1997. (CS)
Doňar, B., Zaplatílek, K. MATLAB - tvorba uživatelských aplikací. BEN, 2004. (CS)
Kabelová, A., Dostálek, L. Velký průvodce protokoly TCP/IP a systémem DNS. Computer Press, 2008. (CS)
Schlömer, N., Guidelines for writing clean and fast code in MATLAB, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/22943 (EN)
Getreuer, P., Writing Fast MATLAB Code, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/5685 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students have to write projects/assignments during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
up to 100 points from computer exercises:
- test (up to 35 points)
- final test (up to 65 points)
Language of instruction
1. Representation of numerical and symbolic information, information coding.
2. Building of an algorithm, progams in symbolic language.
3. Information transfer, computer networks, communication protocols.
4. Object-oriented programming basics.
5. Java programming language basics.
6. Computer organization, internal structure of computers.
The aim of the course is to introduce students to computer science including its practical use. The subject deals with fundamentals of algorithmization and programming.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Computer exercises are obligatory. Excused absence can be substituted.