Principles of Electrical Equipment Construction
FEKT-BPC-ZKZAcad. year: 2020/2021
Design and construction of power devices. Constructions of electric machines, transformers and apparatus of low- and high voltage. Specification of technical, technological, manufacturing and economic demands. Electric and mechanical construction, electromagnetic compatibility. Design of magnetic circuits assembling. Electrical and thermal aspects in design of electroinsulating parts and systems. Cooling of constructional parts of electrical devices. Inner connecting techniques. Design of regulation and checking circuits. PC supported design. Technologic flow.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- Describe the matrix project management.
- Describe in detail the process of a new product.
- List and describe the types of electromagnetic coupling EMC.
- Describe and explain the basic principles of behavior screened.
- Describe and explain the types of heat transfer.
- List the basic distribution of the quantity sensors according to various criteria and explain their rationale.
- Describe the type of regulation to list the basic regulating members and explain the
- List the types of electrical machines, describe and explain the basic principles of distribution functions.
- Define electrical drives and their properties to describe and explain the block diagram of the electric drive.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Boldea, I. - S.A. Nasar: Electric drives. CRC Press, ISBN 0-8493-2521-8, 1999. (EN)
Měřička, J. - Hamata, V. - Voženílek, P.: Elektrické stroje, ČVUT Praha , 1993 (CS)
Rashid, M. H.: Power Electronics. Prentice-Hall International, Inc. ISBN 0-13-334483-5, 1993 (EN)
Leitl, R.: Spolehlivost elektrotechnických systémů, SNTL Praha, 1990 (CS)
Václav Honys: Bezpečná elektrotechnika , IN-L Nový Bydžov 1998 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
70b. final examination
Language of instruction
1. Stages of production engineering, research, development, production preparation and their content.
2. Analysis and improvement of quality construction, process, risk / priority.
3. Non-rotating electrical machines. Equivalent circuit and phasor diagram of a transformer loaded transformer.
4. Propagation of heat. Conduction (leadership), convection (flow), radiation (radiation).
5. The analogy between the spread of heat and spread of electrical current.
6. Heat pipes, principles, description of use.
7. Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Definition of EMC. Types of links between affecting ovlivňovaným equipment and facilities. Principles of screening. Effects of electromagnetic fields on human
8. The sensors of physical quantities. Distribution of sensors according to sensed variables, physical activity and nature. Understanding the basic types of sensors, examples, description of the function, use.
9. Regulators. Basic regulatory members of P, I, D. The combined members of the regulatory system. Description of those members, transfer functions, advantages / disadvantages.
10. Rotating electrical machines. The behavior of wires in a magnetic field. Distribution of electrical machines. DC machines, principles of function, properties. Asynchronous machines, functional principles, characteristics. Comparison of dc and induction machines.
11. Electric drives. Definition of electric drives, properties, classification, block diagrams of electrical power. Requirements for electric propulsion.
12. Computer aided design, construction, technology and the introduction of electrical machinery and apparatus, using an increasingly complex programs.
13. Safety aspects, basic concepts, security issues and accessible live parts. Declaration of Conformity.
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with electric and mechanical construction of electric machines, trasformers and apparatus of low- and high voltage, with design of electric and magnetic circuits assembling, cooling, regulation and checking circuits. The knowledge of gained informations enables participate in design, manufacturing and testing of various power devices.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.