Projecting and Production Simulation
FEKT-MKC-PSVAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with the innovation of the production process, individual stages of design, modeling of production systems, project preparation of production, methodology of project solution and project planning. Students will become familiar with ERP (Enterprice Resource Planning) and PDM (Product Data Management) and with concepts such as additive manufacturing and simulation of manufacturing processes using modern simulation systems following Industry 4.0. Further attention will be given to the protection of industrial property and the foundations of corporate logistics.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Graduate of the subject of Projecting and simulation of production is able to:
- Engage in work in the project team
- Engage in work in a R & D center related to electrotechnical production
- Create project documentation
- Propose innovations and new production solutions
- Use the ISO 14,000 standard
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Sule, D., R.:Manufacturing Facilities, PWS Boston (EN)
Cedarleaf, J.:Plant Layout and Flow Improvement,Bluecreek, P.C. Washington (EN)
Kališ J., Říha M., MS Office Projekt, CPress (CS)
Maxa, J., Vyroubal P.: Řízení a správa dat (CS)
Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu: Iniciativa průmysl 4.0 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
20b. computer exercises
60b. final examination
Attendance in the computer exercises is required.
Language of instruction
1) Industry 4.0, basic concepts, model RAMI model Industry 4.0, current status in the Czech Republic
2) Industry Tools 4.0, IoT, IIoT, IoP, IoS, and Cyber Security at the Manufacturing Company
3) CAE systems in a corporate environment, complex software solutions
4) Modern simulation tools, optimization and sensitivity analysis in production
5) Simulation of production environment, process simulation
6) Additive manufacturing technology, 3D printing as part of modern production
7) Methods of industrial property protection, patents, utility models, technology, design
8) Technological design, types of projects, structure of the production enterprise
9) The process of processing a technological project
10) Structure of costs in the enterprise
11) Assembly structure, workplace design, production lines and work safety
12) Introduction to enterprise logistics and storage, smart logistics
13) Environmental aspects of technological design
The aim of the course is to extend the knowledge in the field of electrotechnical engineering design with greater emphasis on the implementation of tools of industry 4.0 and computer technology. In the area of simulations, emphasis will be placed on acquiring knowledge about computer simulation of the manufacturing process or its sub-parts, such as topological optimization.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MKC-EVM Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory