Laboratory Classes in Polymer Syntheses
FCH-MCO_SPL_PAcad. year: 2020/2021
Course fo on lecture "Synthesis of polymers" and it is focused to polymers and copolymers preparation methods . Students will managed technique of advanced radical, ionic, coordination and polycondensation reaction used for synthessis of polymers and also methods of polymeranalogous reactioos. This course relate to previous "Laboratory course of macromolecular chemistry" with emphasis to succes in advanced works, which may by usefull in research, Ph.D. study and in manufacturing practice.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students acquired practical knowledge for experimental planning and preparation of polymeric samples and eventualy production arrangement.
1. Macromolecular chemistry
2. Laboratory Course of Macromolecular Chemistry
Recomended is an attendance on lecture "Synthesis of polymers"
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Braun D.: Polymer Synthesis. Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH, Berlin 1990. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course uses teaching methods in form of Laboratory exercise - 4 teaching hours per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to teachers and students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Homework for each laboratory class is reguired.
Language of instruction
1. Ring opening polymerization (ROP) of oktametylcyklotetrasiloxane a preparation of silicon rubbers, condensation reaction with tetraethysilicate
2. Bulk polymerisation of THF using SbCl5 (159)
3. Radical copolymerisation of styrene with divinylbenzene in aqueous suspension
4. Polymerisation of acrylamide using redox initiation system in aqueous solution
5. Vulcanisation of SBR with S2Cl2
6. Preparation of poly(alfa-hydroxoacids), polymerisation of glycolide or L-lactide
7. Preparation of polycarbonate by reesterification
8. Bulk polymerisation of -kaprolactame by anionic initiation
9. Hydrolytic polymerisation of -kaprolactame
10. Preparation of polyethylenesulfide rubber
11. Preparation of epoxide and influence of preparation conditions on Tg
The aim of lecture is complex knowledge of advanced synthesis of polymers suitable for research and manufacturing practice.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Credit is given after making all classes and protocols.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NKCP_CHM Master's
branch NKCO_CHM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme NPCP_CHM Master's
branch NPCO_CHM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme CKCP_CZV lifelong learning
branch CKCO_CZV , 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
Guided consultation in combined form of studies
26 hours, obligation not entered
Teacher / Lecturer
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
eLearning: currently opened course