Geology and analytical geochemistry
FCH-BC_GEGAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Albarede F.: Geochemistry. An Introduction , Cambridge UP 2004 (ISBN: 0521891485) 2011 (CS)
Lollar B.S.: Environmental Geochemistry, Elsevier 2005, ISBN: 978008044643 (CS)
Siegel F.: Environmental Geochemistry of Potentially Toxic Metals, Springer 2002, ISBN: 9783540420309 (CS)
Neiser, J., Holý, M., Vidlář, J.:Geochemie, Ostravská Univerzita, PřF, skripta, 1993 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The position of geology and geochemistry between chemical and technical sciences.
2. Fundamentals of geology and mineralogy.
3. Geochemical processes, origin and occurrence of elements, their geochemical classification, composition of the Earth and the Universe, endogenous and exogenous processes.
4. Distribution processes, mobility of elements depending on the environment. Factors of geochemical migration, geochemical barriers.
5. Geochemical and biogeochemical cycles. Hydrogeochemistry, atmogeochemistry
6. Geochemistry of igneous rocks, geochemistry of sediments, petrochemical coefficients, applications, genesis of igneous rocks
7. Geochemistry of elements, minerals.
8. Overview of mineralogical groups and their important representatives
9. Basic chemical composition of soils, sediments and minerals
10. Analytical prerequisites in mineralogy and geochemistry
11. Analytical instrumental methods
12. Analytical instrumental methods
13. Specific applications of determination
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPCP_AAEFCH Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer