Philosophy and the Culture
ICV-FIKAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course of studies stresses the significance of cultural background for modern man, as an essential ethic and intellectual foundation giving birth to incentives taken from the philosophical and religious conceptions about the creation and the functioning of the world, the nature, society and the civilization.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The knowledge acquired will increase the general level of education of the students, and will contribute to the cultivation of mind, will provide for the education to tolerance and will be positive to the creation of own conscious and harmonic image of the world.
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Presence at the lectures with passing the test and furnishing a written work.
Language of instruction
- Nature and the substance of the culture
- Basic types of the society
- Mythology and religion as the first key to the world
- Basic information about the world religions
- Religion in the art
- The Greek world in the mind and the esthetics
- Greek philosophy and its essential building blocks
- Greek philosophy as the teacher of life
- Life, mind and art in the ancient times
- Renaissance and its new paradigma
- New image of the world and the new place the human beings find themselves in
- Modern art
- Post-modern situation
To make the students familiar, besides the main cultural and philosophical streams of the past and the present, also with some mindless and heretic branches delineating the process of seeking and the development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
There are no checked study.