Concrete structures 3
FAST-BL053Acad. year: 2019/2020
Interactive models of system: subsoil – foundation – structure above foundation. Shallow foundations – detailing design of wall footings, grid and mat foundations, slabs. Footings of precast structures. Toroidal and shell foundations. Box and massive blocks foundations. Deep foundations – piles, group of piles, footings above piles. Anchored and non-anchored underground concrete walls. Drop caissons and caissons. Foundations dynamically loaded. Foundations in the clearances and in the special conditions. Selected structures of engineering constructions - storage structures (bunkers and silos), storage tanks for liquids, water towers, channels and ducts. Design of constructions and foundations in the undermining areas.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Design of different type of concrete load-bearing structures.
• Design of foundations in conventional and special conditions.
• Design of selected engineering structures, containers, tanks, pipelines.
geotechnics, structural mechanics, theory of elasticity, design of concrete members and structures
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Foundation structures as a part of the reliability system “subsoil – foundation – overground structure”. Results of geological survey. Foundations reliability. Limit states of subsoil and foundation structures load-bearing capacity.
2. Interactive models of system: subsoil – foundation – structure above foundation. Comprehensive and simplified interactive system. Modelling of subsoil and foundation structures. Software Soilin.
3. Shallow foundations. Distribution of contact stress in footing bottom. Detail design of footings from plain and reinforced concrete. Detail design of uniformly pressed continuous footing.
4. Shallow foundations. Detail design of grid and mat foundations, slabs.
5. Shallow foundations. Footings of precast structures (pocket foundation) – detail design. Toroidal and shell foundations. Box and massive blocks foundations.
6. Deep foundations. Limit states of subsoil and pile. Pile foundations, group of piles, footings above piles. Anchored and non-anchored underground concrete walls.
7. Foundations dynamically loaded. Response of machines on dynamic load action.
8. Foundations in the clearances and in the special conditions. Foundation structures at reconstructions.
9. Design of storage structures (bunkers and silos). Structural arrangement, pressure of fillers, principles of solution. Dimensioning and reinforcing of individual member of storage tanks.
10. Design of rectangular and rotary symmetric reservoirs. Water reservoirs.
11. Design of channels and ducts. Principles of structures and foundations design in the undermining areas.
Design of different type of concrete load-bearing structures.
Design of foundations in conventional and special conditions.
Design of selected structures of engineering structures, containers, tanks, pipelines.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans