Hydrology of Sewer Systems
FAST-BP054Acad. year: 2019/2020
The subject matter of the hydrology of sewer systems is to find a solution to the issues related to the subject of drainage and treatment of wastewater and related subjects of progressive computational methods in drainage, municipal drainage and, abovc all, the basic field subjects, hydraulics taught in several courses, generál hydrology and other subjects relaled to generál hydrology. This subject covers mainly those areas that define othcr parameters than those covered by the general hydraulics.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage aim of course: design and project of special hydrology and hydraulics, which is assert in sewer systems.
Sewerages and waste water treatment, Hydraulics, Hydrology, Public utility.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, objectives, tasks of hydrology of sewer networks.
2. Storm data as a basic parameter of simulation tools, measuring precipitation.
3. The modern concept of urban drainage systems solutions, monitoring and simulation modeling, key performance indicators, the fundamental solution of water management tasks.
4. Basic aspects of the correct use of simulation models for water management tasks - the types of models, data for the simulation models, calibration and verification.
5. Gravity, vacuum and pressure sewers.
6. Measurement of flow in sewerage network.
7. Recommended structure of project documentation.
8. Management of rain water.
9. Structures of sewerage networks.
10. Retention and detention tanks.
11. General plan of drainage plans for development of water supply and sewerage.
The subject introduce students with special hydrology and hydraulics, which is assert in sewer systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans