Analysis of Measuring Data
FAST-IE52Acad. year: 2019/2020
Planning of experimentsMultidimensional quantities and their characteristics. Accuracy measures and their meaning. Testing and analysis of measurement results and values entering the adjustment process. Physical and mathematical correlation. Partial and multi-dimensional correlation. Matrix of correlation coefficients, covariance matrix. Systematical errors. Laws of error propagation. Errors of composite functions. Analysis of error limits. Adjustment of correlated measurements. Block adjustment. Collocation. Kalman filter. Robust adjustment methods. Analysis of covariance and weight matrixes. Planning of experiments, optimization methods. Design of methodology and technology for complex accuracy evaluation in doctor thesis.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Methods of mathematical and statistical analysis. Fundamentals of data analysis and adjustment.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Borradaile, G.: Statistics for Earth Science Data. Springer Verlag 2003
Teunissen, P.J.G.: Testing Theory - an Introduction. Delft University Press 2002
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Multidimensional quantities. Accuracy measures.
2. Testing and analysis of measurements results. Physical and mathematical correlation. Testing of inputs of adjustment process.
3. Systematical errors. Laws of error propagation. Errors of composite functions.
4. Matrix of correlation coefficients, covariance matrix. Adjustment of correlated measurements. Block adjustment.
5. Collocation. Kalman filter. Robust adjustment. Analysis of covariance and weight matrixes.
6. Planning of experiments. Optimization methods.
Mastering of methods for analysis and testing of measuring results. Understanding of correlations and their treatment in adjustment process. Understanding of principles of collocation, Kalman data filtering, and robust adjustment methods. Getting an overview of methods of experimental planning and optimization.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer