FAST-XT001Acad. year: 2019/2020
Energy sources problems. Energy needs of buildings and energy conception of buildings. Production and distribution of electric energy, production and distribution of heat and cold, gas supply. Utilization of renewable energy sources. Regulations for energy management, the energy certificate, energy audits of buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of thermal engineering. Basics knowledge of heating systems and water supply for buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Energy sources found on Earth (non-renewable energy, renewable energy, primary energy, fuel)
2. Energy conception of buildings (heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting, hot water)
3. Simplified determination of energy consumption in buildings
4. Production and distribution of electrical energy, electricity grid, electrical connections
5. Production of electricity from renewable sources – photovoltaic power plant
6. Supply of fuel gas, types of fuel gases and their sources, storages, distribution (including connections)
7. District heating - heat source. Ecological aspects of combustion processes
8. District heating - heat and transfer stations (including connections)
9. Application of renewable energy for heating and production of hot water
10. Production of cold in buildings, district cooling
11. The spatial arrangement of utilities. Collectors for piping distribution.
12. Energy certificate of building
13. Energy audit of building
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.