Project Management of Building Constructions 1
FAST-BV008Acad. year: 2019/2020
In this course students will acquaint with the history and present of project management. Attention is also focused on projects associated with construction. Project life cycle is divided into individual phases, which provide the organizational and plan their course. Scheduling techniques focusing on the use of network analysis for term, resource, cost and financial planning are discussed. Part of teaching is also managing issues of risk management in construction. Students will acquaint with Microsoft Project.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of common procedures and specific skills of project management.
General knowledge of construction production in Czech Republic, legislative processes associated with construction development, documentation of construction projects, technology of construction production and basics of network analysis.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to project management – historic evolution, current conception, suitable use, subject and content, fundamental terms
2. Project connected with construction, construction as subject of construction project, participants of construction process, construction code
3. Pre-investment phase of project, initiation, goals setting, documentation, project management, feasibility study
4. Evaluation of project proposal, planning, structuring of construction project, structuring of construction object
5. Work organisation of project, construction project participants, organisation structure, ways of construction, personnel provision, project manager
6. System of construction project planning, historic development, types, actualisations and levels of project plans, techniques of project planning, terminal planning
7. Network analysis, CPM, PERT method, Gantt chart, planning of sources, planning of sources outputs, sources histogram, cost planning, financial planning
8. Financing of project, proposal prices of project works
9. Relations between participants in investment project, work contract, mandate contract
10. Risks and changes management, risks engineering, risks in construction, project risks management
11. Construction management models, software Microsoft Project
12. Project controlling, analysis of achieved performance values and progress of project costs, system of progress reporting and cost controlling
13. Information for construction and civil engineering, termination of lectures
To get common knowledge and skills of project management and adopting concrete procedures and methods of construction project management. Necessary knowledge for planning and management of projects from the investor’s side. Presumption for acquiring project manager certification in Czech Republic according to IPMA policy for level D „Certified Project Management Associate".
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.