Management and Operation of HVAC
FAST-CT014Acad. year: 2019/2020
Understanding the basics of electrical wiring and lightning conductor equipment in connection with measurement and control systems. Designing of basic measurement and control systems for HVAC systems. Creation of diagrams and descriptions of technological systems for measurement and control systems. Operation and maintenance of HVAC systems.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Physics - Fundamentals of electrical
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to basic physical laws in electrical engineering and computing.
2. Fundamentals of electrical and lightning conductor equipment, safety work on electrical equipment.
3. Low voltage equipment and wiring, basic measurement and control systems.
4. The elements and components of regulatory circuits.
5. Measurement of electrical and non-electrical quantities, design of control systems.
6. Superior systems of measurement and control, the design, use.
7. Technical drawing in electrical and low voltage distribution.
8. Control systems for ventilation, air conditioning equipment.
9. Control systems for heating and cooling equipment.
10. Operation and maintenance of HVAC.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans