Selected Chapters of Heating
FAST-CT001Acad. year: 2019/2020
Creation of indoor climate of heated rooms formed under variable conditions and dynamically changing heating losses. One-pipe central heating systems and their design. Radiant heating. Design of integrated interaction system including heating elements, fittings and piping based on thermal and hydraulic balance. Circulation pumps. Design of boilers room, heat transfer stations and combined production of electricity and heat.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student upgrade his qualifications in heating systems in buildings.
Thermal technology. Fundamentals of HVAC. Basic laws of hydraulics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Method for calculation of heat output in special cases.
2. Heating systems in buildings - dynamic behaviour.
3. Water based large- scale surface embedded heating systems.
4. Radiant heating systems.
5. One pipe heating systems.
6. Circulating pumps in heating systems. Hydraulic stability of heating systems. Control valves.
7. Production of heating water for air-conditioning units and technology.
8. Boiler rooms. Engine rooms. Combined production of electricity and heat. Chimneys and flues.
9. Heating sources for central heat supply. District heating systems.
10. Production and distribution of steam.
11. Transfer stations.
12. Compensation of linear expansion of piping systems.
13. Direct electric heating and storage heating.
Deepen of knowledge and creation skills for design of internal microclimate of buildings by heating systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans