Saving and Building Adaptation
FAST-CH016Acad. year: 2019/2020
Building-physical and building-technical relation valid for saving moisture masonry, rising damp causes of old building objects, building-technical survey and its evaluation, methody for reduce masonry humidity, project documentation for saving building, problems with bacis structure protection against radon infiltration. Solving question about wood construction protection against biological faktors in particular in ralation to reconstruction objects. Partition reconstruction problems,ceiling, chimney reconstruction and renovation.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to elaborate a project documentation for design sanitation of the building including constuctively-hygric exploration and biotic exploration. Student is also able to accomplish proposal method for sanitation of the building in relation to realized facts.
Building-physical relation of water transfer in building contruction, building construction theory, mechanical endurance and stability of building construction, drawing building construction by valid rules.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic theoretical knowledge of saving technics of building. Causes rising damp of building objects.
2. Humidity transfer in building construction. Humidity measurement methods of building construction,
3. Humidity survey of building objects. Project documentation for saving moisture masonry.
4. Modern mechanical savings methods.
5. Infusion curtain method for saving masonry. Electro-physical methods of saving moisture masonry.
6. Saving methods based on flowing air, saving coat. Methods of bulding measures.
7. Problems with plinth adjustment.
8. Protection of reconstruction objects against radon infiltration.
9. Partition reconstruction. Ceiling reconstruction.
10. Chimney renovation and reconstruction.
11. Adittional anchorage of building construction.
12. Reconstruction of flat roof.
13. Building objects protection against biological factors.
Humidity efect on building construction behaviour, causes of rising damp, measure of building construction humidity, building-moisture survey processing, aplication of adittional reduce humidity methods, analysis of action biotic factor on building constructions, desing and realization measure against radon infiltraion into the reconstruction objects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-P-E-SI (N) Master's
- Programme N-K-C-SI (N) Master's
- Programme N-P-C-SI (N) Master's
- Programme N-P-C-MI Master's
branch X , 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory