Selected Problems of Traffic Engineering
FAST-CN055Acad. year: 2019/2020
The aim of the transport telematics is quality and comfort escalation, mobility resource, transport safety escalation, transportation services improvement as well as economy and effectiveness traffic processes increasing. The latest knowledge from series branch’s, transport telematics, logistics, telecommunications, transport engineering, traffic town planner and traffic safety will be inclusion in content of this study.
Institute of Railway Structures and Constructions (ZEL)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student acquires basic skills in problems of transport telematics in roadway, railway and air transport.
Common knowledge from transport, physics, mathematics and information technology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Definition and basic concepts interpretation, fundamental mathematical apparatus
2. Introduction to the problems of relatively new mathematical techniques and outline their
3. utilisation in traffic control problems
4. Introduction to the problems of relatively new mathematical techniques and outline their utilisation in traffic control problems
5. Intelligent transport services, information about traffic obstruction and weather conditions
6. Information and navigational systems and their using in transport, black box, digital tachograph
7. Weighing vehicles problem, method, equipment, legislative
8. Telematics in road transport, current intelligent traffic control information systems
a) Automatic vehicle and cargo identification
b) Sensor for control and running crossing
c) Electronic road-toll, legislature, method in our country and abroad
9. Telematics in railway transport
a) Railway safety equipments
b) Train safety systems
c) European railway traffic management system (ERTMS)
10. Telematics in railway transport
a) Train positional locator on principle GPS/GNSS
b) Navigation satellite systems in railway's safety technique
c) Railway mobile communications system, train automatic lead
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of transport telematics in roadway, railway and air transport.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans