Static at Reconstructions (K)
FAST-CL051Acad. year: 2019/2020
Definition and realisation of static investigation and static expertise. Diagnostic analyses of concrete and masonry structures and bridges. Loading capacity of concrete and masonry structures and bridges. Loading tests. Evaluation of possibilities of the building adaptation for improvement of the state and new utilisation. Modelling of the origin and new static scheme. Evaluation of a bearing structure and its members. Analyses of possible faults and solution of repairs at reconstruction. Necessity of respecting static conditions at reconstruction. Methods and static analysis of concrete and masonry structures and bridges strengthening. Strengthening of structures by composing and with bonding and prestressing reinforcement.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Understanding of the static approach to the reconstructions of engineering and building constructions.
• Understanding of the types of faults and failures and their diagnostic methods.
• Stability calculation and technical drawings of the reconstructed structures.
structural mechanics, concrete and masonry structures and bridges, prestressed concrete
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Structure serviceability. Faults sources – monitoring and possibilities of their reduction. Method of diagnostic investigation of concrete and masonry structures and bridges.
2. Definition and methods of load-bearing capacity determination of concrete and masonry structures and bridges. Preparation, extent and methods of loading tests.
3. Conditions for realisation of reconstructions from the structural viewpoint. Methods of strengthening of concrete structures and bridges.
4. Methods of strengthening of masonry structures and bridges.
5. Strengthening of structures with free prestressing reinforcement – prestressing, injection and guniting, structural analysis.
6. Strengthening of bridges with incoherent prestressing reinforcement – structural solution and analysis.
7. Strengthening and reconstruction of structures using concrete, steel and timber.
8. Foundation reconstructions.
9. Structural solution of buildings extensions, superstructures and buildings-in.
10. Temporary provision of structures at reconstructions. Deformation of strengthened structures and its monitoring. Mortal improvement by injection. Application of glued carbon fibres.
Understanding of the static approach to the reconstructions of engineering and building constructions. Types of faults and failures, their diagnostic methods.
Stability calculation and technical drawings of the reconstructed structures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans