FAST-CF054Acad. year: 2019/2020
New methods of physical-mechanical soil properties evaluation.
Determination of pore pressures and volume changes.
Determination of mechanical properties. Proctor test.
Short-term and long-term strength.
The influence of geotechnical structures in the environment (ground water, geological environment, the regeneration of the damaged landscape by human activities.
Influence of geotechnical structures on environment. Czech and EU legislature about looking on influence of constructions on environment.
Geotechnics and environmental protection. The tasks of geotechnics at waste saving and deactivation – waste dumps, dumps, slime pits, utilization in earth bodies.
Mechanical behaviour of frozen soils.
Institute of Geotechnics (GTN)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will master the course objective, will acquaint the new methods of interpretation of physical-mechanical properties of soils and will be able to check the influence of geotechnical structures into environment.
Base knowledge of the properties and testing of soils.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Physical - index tests.
2. Laboratory testing of soil permeability.
3. Laboratory tests to determine the deformation parameters - part 1.
4. Laboratory tests to determine the deformation parameters - part 2.
5. Laboratory tests to determine the shear parameters - part 1.
6. Laboratory tests to determine the shear parameters - part 2.
7. Testing of soils in the range of small to very small strain
8. Selected material models versus laboratory tests.
9. New trends in laboratory tests.
10. Geochemistry - laboratory tests.
To acquaint the students with the new methods of interpretation of physical-mechanical properties of soils. To teach the students to check the influence of geotechnical structures into environment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans