Algorithms and Programming
FAST-CU051Acad. year: 2019/2020
Design of programs and applications in Microsoft Visual Basic.
Basic algorithms, structured programming, object-oriented programming, application object libraries and their use, solving engineering problems, simulation and animation techniques. Application of elementary numerical methods in continuum mechanics problems.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Programming in Visual Basic using modern techniques of events driven programming, component technology and object-oriented programming
Fundamentals of algorithms and programming, basic knowledge of technical English
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Computer model from the perspective of a programmer. Language development environment.
2. Variables, data types, constants, assignment statement.
3. Functions and procedures (ways of calling and transfering of parameters, global and local variables).
4. Built-in language elements, inputs and outputs.
5. Commands for flow control, conditional statements and loops.
6. Working with structured variables.
7. Structured and object-oriented programming, event-driven programming.
8. Application object libraries.
9. Fundamentals of simulation using numerical methods.
10. Animation techniques, program project.
11. Working with the file system, data conversion algorithms.
12. Examples of solving of engineering problems. Statistical and optimization problems, the initial task.
13. Examples of solving of engineering problems. Advanced solutions and animation of large deformations.
Topics include structured program design, event-drive programming, and Visual Basic program components. This is a course designed to introduce students to more advanced elements Visual Basic programming language. Students will design and write Windows applications in Visual Basic.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans