FAST-CJ012Acad. year: 2019/2020
Mechanism of sulphate binders formation, improve the properties of sulphate binders, use of lime and limestone outside the scope of the construction industry, hydraulic lime with pozzolanic component based on waste and non-traditional materials, structure and mechanism of formation of clinker minerals, special cements, raw materials for the production of dry mortar mixtures, dry mortar mixtures properties and possibilities of modification.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Mechanism of hemihydrate gypsum formation, depending on the manufacturing process: beta gypsum, alpha gypsum during the hydrothermal treatment, alpha gypsum from a solution of salt.
2. Improving the properties of hemihydrate gypsum: hydrophobic, set retarding and plasticizing additives, overview and mechanism of action, influence of milling of gypsum.
3. Improving the properties of anhydrite: activator additives, antifoaming agents, pigments, influence of milling of anhydrite.
4. The use of limestone for desulfuration energy and chemical industry.
5. Other uses of lime and limestone in engineering practice outside the building.
6. Preparation of hydraulic lime: hydraulic lime mortars for historic and plaster, hydraulic lime with pozzolanic component based waste materials.
7. The use of waste materials as part of the raw material base for clinker firing and preparation of composite cements: recycling waste from building industry, fluid fly ash, industrial gypsum etc.
8. Belite cement: belite cement special features, possibilities to improve the kinetics of the hydration process.
9. Other special cements.
10. Structure and mechanism of formation of clinker minerals and their hydration fumes.
11. The basic raw material for the production of dry mortar mixtures: binders, fillers, additives, alternative raw materials.
12. Preparation and properties of dry mortar mixtures: mastics, plasters, mortars.
13. Preparation and properties of special dry mortar mixes: leveling mixed with a binder based on anhydrite, aluminous cement and portland cement, shielding barytic mixtures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans