FAST-TV03Acad. year: 2019/2020
This course is specialised on basic conceptions of leadership and Management.
It deals with identification of principles managing methods.
The communication, decision making, control processes and effective managerial habits are defined.
The course respect sequencing and creating synergy in teamwork the same as the current questions in management and fellow-worker leading in construction companies.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about basic principles and relations in management.
The ability to understand, speak and write by given language. Basic orientation in organization of construction firm.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Veber, J.: Management. Management Press, Praha, 2000. ISBN 978-80-7261-200-0. (CS)
Linkeschová D.: Educating Leading Managing. Konvoj Brno, 2003. ISBN 80-7202-052-1. (EN)
Linkeschová, D.: K otázkám managementu ve stavebnictví. CERM, Brno, 2005. ISBN 80-7204-396-X. (CS)
Donnelly, Gibson, Ivancevich: Fundamentals of Management. Irwin, 1995. (EN)
Covey, S.R.: Sedm návyků skutečně efektivních lidí. Management Press, Praha, 2011. ISBN 978-80-7261-241-3. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Function and importance of decision making in achitectur and management work in a construction company
2. Principle of growth and change, effectivity, paradigm
3. Effective habits of leaders and managers
4. Positive activity, importance of self- awareness, range of influence and sphere of action, Frankl and model for freedom of choice
5. Leadership and management, principles of personal leadership, centre of intention, Mission statement, identification and confirming of individual roles and aims
6. Managing, planning, organisation and time management, priorities, delegation of authorities and responsibility
7. Human resources, creating and transformation of relationships, creating of teams
8. Increasing of organisation effectiveness through fellow workers, paradigms of interdependence
9. Principles of mutual advantage, interpersonal leadership, types of interpersonal interaction, dimension of win-win behaviour, supportive systems and processes
10. Fundamentals of effective communication, empathetic listening, understanding, principles of efficient presentation
11. Synergy as a principle of creative cooperation, appreciation of diversity, creativity, brainstorming, analysis of force field
12. Basic dimension of leaders personal development, equilibrium in force renewal, continuity of learning
13-14. Topical questions of nowadays management and leadership
To get knowledge about basic principles and relations in management and basic managerial habits.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.