Selected Chapters from Theory of Building Constructions
FAST-DH81Acad. year: 2019/2020
The current state and new trends in development of building construction systems and practical and theoretical issues regarding reconstructions and modernisations of buildings with focusing on essential constructional details and their design. Special issues according to the PhD branches of knowledge.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of building constructions and related subject fields (building services, technology and proceeding of buildings, concrete and masonry constructions, timber and metal constructions) at the level of a graduate student of building construction study programme. Practise is an advantage.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. - 4. week – The Course commencement, an assignment of particular topics to PhD students (topics will be specified by supervisors).
5. - 8. week – Consultation and discussion about selected topics in terms of PhD students’ requests – dates are fixed up individually.
9. - 11. week – Completion of the work in the extent of 20 pages, tuition according to PhD students’ requests.
12. week – Preparation of a presentation – time limit of the presentation is 10-15 min.
13. week – Work submission, public presentation of the work including discussion and defence.
To work up a technical search within a chosen technical problem, to acquaint yourself with the principles of publication, to present a work on the chosen topic in front of the others students including discussion and defence.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer