FEKT-MPA-DBSAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
 WEBSTER, John G, ed. Medical instrumentation: application and design. 3rd ed. S.l.: John Wiley, c1998. ISBN 0-471-15368-0.
 KHANDPUR, R. S, Handbook of biomedical instrumentation, 3rd ed.: McGraw Hill, 2014, ISBN 9789339205430.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Sensing electrodes, electrode polarization, types of electrodes
2. Requirements for instrumentation, general properties, sources of noise and sources of errors.
3. Electroencephalography (EEG), principles and properties of the instrument, sensing of electric signals of brain and its classification, other instruments necessary for a diagnosis (fotostimulator, fonostimulator).
4. Electromyography (EMG), principles and properties of the instrument, sensing and analysis of myopotentials, stimulators.
5. Electrodiagnosis of the eye, electrooculography (EOG), electroretinography (ERG).
6. Diagnosis of eye, perimeter, intraocular pressure, ultrasound biometry, fundus camera.
7. Diagnosis of ear, subjective and objective audiometry, tympanometry, otoacoustic emissions.
8. Invasive methods for blood pressure in various places of the blood stream.
9. Spirometry, residual volume, pneumotachograph.
10. Plethysmography - principles
11. Measurement of temperature.
12. Basic monitoring techniques, function of monitors and its connection into hospital information system.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPA-BIO Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory