FSI-3CDAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course introduces students to the possibilities of design in CAD systems. Students will gain practical experience in 2D drawing and 3D modelling in AutoCAD and Inventor CAD systems. They become familiar with the creation of parts and assemblies, adaptivity, parameter setting, volume and surface modelling and drafting.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain an overview of the CAD systems and get experience with programs AutoCAD and Inventor. They become familiar with the creation of parts and assemblies, adaptivity, parameter setting, volume and surface modelling and drafting. Students will also be familiar with the possibilities how to proceed in creating the design documentation in an optimal way. Using the gained skills in parametric modelling, they will be able to efficiently design, process and modify different design solutions.
The acquired experience can be used in the teaching of subjects focused on the creation of drawing documentation, the creation of virtual models, bachelor or diploma theses and real projects in practice.
Knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. AutoCAD 2014: učebnice. Brno: Computer Press, 2014. ISBN 978-80-251-4154-0. (CS)
SPIELMANN, Michal a Jiří ŠPAČEK. AutoCAD: názorný průvodce pro verze 2017 a 2018. Brno: Computer Press, 2017. ISBN 978-80-251-4887-7. (CS)
MUNFORD, Paul. Mastering autodesk inventor 2016 and autodesk inventor lt 2016. 1. Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley, 2015. ISBN 978-111-9059-806. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements: seminar attendance and projects delivery.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to introduce the facilities of graphical systems for constructional process support. Students will be made familiarized with widely available graphical system with engineering tools in application for technical documentation of machine parts. They will get basic experience in 3D designing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required and controlled. Maximum of two authorized absences without compensation of lesson are tolerated.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B3S-P Bachelor's
branch B-STI , 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme B-PDS-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B-MAI-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B3A-P Bachelor's
branch B-FIN , 2. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Ing. Vladimír Čudek, Ph.D.
Ing. Denis Furmann
Ing. Jakub Hurník
Ing. Tomáš Koutecký, Ph.D.
Ing. Jiří Křupka
Ing. Jaroslav List
Ing. Martin Malý
Ing. Michal Michalec
Ing. Václav Navrátil
Ing. Vojtěch Polnický
Ing. Martin Valena
Ing. Ondřej Vaverka
Ing. Arnošt Vespalec
Ing. Radek Vrána, Ph.D.
Ing. Aneta Zatočilová, Ph.D.
1. Introduction to 3D modelling. AutoCAD - basic functions and settings.
2. AutoCAD - layer properties, dimension styles, printing.
3. AutoCAD - dimensioning, part drawing and drawing procedure, prototype drawing setup, part drawing.
4. Inventor - basic functions and settings, sketch creation, dimensioning, parameterization and editing.
5. Creating of 3D geometry, extrusion and rotation.
6. 3D modelling - cosmetic changes. Fillets, chamfers, rotation.
7. Advanced modelling - drawing, shell, patterning, material choice.
8. Assembly, welding, adaptability.
9. Sheet metal modelling - styles, surface, profile bending, cutting.
10. Drawing documentation - basic view, dimensioning, cut, partial cut.
11. Work on the model of specified part.
12. Work on drawing of specified part.
13. Completion of the specified part. Class credit.
eLearning: currently opened course