ÚSI-EDTRPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Subject is aimed at understanding of principles and goals of criminal law regulations and orienting in system of criminal-law legal rules, in scheme of state authorities in criminal proceedings and in rights and duties of participant in criminal proceedings.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to work with terms, categories, and structures of criminal law including criminal procedure and ability of oriented and practical knowledge usage.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Novotný, F.: Praktikum Trestní právo hmotné, Plze'n, 2005. (CS)
Novotný, F.: Praktikum Trestní právo procesní, Plzeň, 2006. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Condition of course-unit credit is successful accomplishment of a written test.
Language of instruction
1. Term, principles and structure of criminal law.
2. Basic principles of criminal responsibility.
3. Term of crime, facts of the case, object and objective aspect.
4. Subject and subjective aspect.
5. Classification of crimes, economic crimes.
6. Crimes against property, freedom and human honor.
7. Other crimes.
8. Term and principles of criminal procedural law, scheme of state public authorities in procedural proceedings.
9. Parts in trial and participants in criminal procedural proceedings.
10. Proceedings in front of the court and remedies.
11. Divergence in criminal law. Responsibility of youth for illegal behaviour.
12. Position of aggrieved persons in criminal proceedings; term and principles of adhesion proceedings.
13. Present status and problems of criminal law regulation in the Czech Republic.
Goal of this course is gaining the basic information on material criminal and procedural criminal law regulations, within the context of legal system.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer