Solving of Legal Problems in Carrier Practice
ÚSI-EDPRPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course is focused on the issue of business in road transport and related solutions to legal problems and situations requiring legal assessment.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course, students will have basic knowledge of traffic law and their application in solving problems of a carrier.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Právní předpisy EU a ČR a vlastní skripta. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is realized in the form of lectures, which have the character of explanation of basic principles, methodology of the discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The knowledge of the problem is verified by an oral exam.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction - basic terms
2. Professional qualification requirements for road transport operations
3. The rights and obligations of the carrier
4. Driver mode- I
5. Driver mode- II
6. The method of keeping a record of vehicle operation and a record of driving time, driving interruption and rest
7. Control equipment for recording driver-analogue and digital tachographs
8. Evaluation and work with data from analogue and digital tachograph
9. Special requirements for carriers operating passenger services
10. Special requirements for hauliers
11. Law enforcement - control bodies
12. Examples of practical checks in the EU (documentary check, driver's control, vehicle weighing)
13. Ways of applying sanctions for infringements
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the solution of carrier problems related to the field of traffic law. Knowledge of solving such problems is a prerequisite for working at the level of transport company management.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory