Design and Operation of Complex Systems
FEKT-LNPSAcad. year: 2019/2020
The content of the study is dedicated to the modern component and design of circuits for analog signal processing, device amplifier and design of power supply. Application of microprocessors for measurement system, control and transfer of dates, user interface and CAN bus. The biotelemetry for medical and ecological application, electromagnetic compatibility on clinic work station. Protection of state of a person´s health and requirement on the special diagnostic centre, immediate care and environmental monitoring systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- calculate the circuit component on the power supply of electronic devices,
- be in a range of modern devices for analog signal processing,
- describe the main features of the application technology CAN,
- describe the currently in use modulation signals in biotelemetrii,
- identify problems of electromagnetic compatibility in clinical practice,
- describe the technical requirements for equipment and intensive care units ARO,
- interpret the requirements for electrical safety and reliability of medical devices.
Student who writes this article should be able to:
- explain the basic principles of electronic components,
- apply the basic electrotechnical law,
- interpret the basic units of physical quantities,
- describe the basic types of signal modulation,
- discuss the basic properties of electromagnetic fields.
General knowledge is required at the level of bachelor's degree.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Rozman J. a kol.: Elektronické přístroje v lékařství.Academia,Praha, 2006
Vaculíková,P. a kol.: Elektromagnetická kompatibilita elektrotechnických systémů.Grada Publishing,Praha 1998
Haasz,V. a kol.: Číslicové měřicí systémy. ČVUT, Praha, 2000
Vedral,J., Fischer J.: Elektronické obvody pro měřicí techniku. ČVUT, Praha, 1999
Bronzino,J.D. et al: The biomedical engineering handbook. CRC Press,Boca Ranton 2000
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. Teaching methods include individual study and practical laboratoies. Course is taking advantage of e-learning. Students have to write a single project and example.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Up to 10 points for lab - student gets points for one protocol of measurement,
10 points for thematic project.
10 points for calculation circuit elements specified electronic circuit,
70 points for the written part of the exam.
To successfully pass exam is necessary to obtain the written at least 20 points.
Exam is aimed at verifying the knowledge of the function of electronic components and circuits for analog signal processing, interpretation of microprocessors in embedded systems with CAN bus, discussing the type of signal modulation used in biotelemetrii, citation requirements and standards for the safety of medical devices.
Language of instruction
1. Modern components for analog signal processing.
2. Circuits for analog signal processing.
3. Instrumentation amplifier.
4. Power Supplies.
5. Power supply design for electronic devices.
6. Microprocessor technology for embedded systems.
7. User interface, CAN bus.
8. Autonomous and distributed systems.
9. Telemetry in health and ecology.
10. Electromagnetic compatibility in clinical conditions.
11. Standards for electrical safety of medical devices.
12. Technical requirements for health centers.
The aim of the course is to provide students with orientation in circuits for analog signal processing, instrumentation amplifiers, power supply, modern devices for analogue signal processing. Discussed the microprocessor technology for embedded systems, CAN bus, user interfaces for autonomous and distributed systems. Telemetry in health, ecology, EMC in clinical conditions and technical requirements for the medical center.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation:
Laboratory is compulsory, correctly excused absences laboratory exercises can be in agreement with the substitute teacher.
Submission prepared by the thematic project and circuit solution of electronic circuit is conditions of credit landing.