Electronic Measurement Technics
FEKT-NEMTAcad. year: 2019/2020
Course deals the issue of measurement instruments for passive and active tags, measurement theory and experiment. Students will deepen their knowledge of the principles, characteristics and use of electronic measuring instruments. Emphasis is placed on the correct use of standard terms. They will learn to use a measuring device for measuring active tags with an emphasis on oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers, frequency, time and phase. general impedance. They will learn the principles of circuit analyzers.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to work with electrical measuring instruments, know their properties and principles and is able to decide on their choice. Qualified to determine the measurement uncertainty, design of devices with regard to their metrological characteristics. Able to plan and prepare practical measurement of electrical quantities.
Knowledge of the level of bachelor's degree and valid examination for qualification of personnel for independent activity (within the meaning of § 6 of Decree 50).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
COOMBS,C.F.:Basic Electronic Instruments Handbook ,McGraw-Hill (EN)
BAKSHI,U.A:Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation. Technical Publications, 1. 1. 2009 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures and practical laboratories.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Up to 40 points for the lab, including tests 2x15 points, 10 points in the laboratory
Up to 60 points for the written test
Language of instruction
1. Introduction. Stages of measurement. Principles of measurement device models.
2. Errors and uncertainty. Direct and indirect measurements.
3. Examples for the calculation of uncertainties.
4. Expressing properties of measuring equipment according to EN standards.
5. Introduction to the theory of experiments. Metrology in Industry
6. Analog and digital voltmeters. A / D converters, multimeters. Input circuits of multimetres. Ammeters.
7. Recording devices. Oscilloscopes. A / D converters for oscilloscopes. Examples of oscilloscope
8. Measurement of time, frequency. Phase measurement. Wattmeters.
9. Spectrum analyzer. Examples of spectrum analyzers. Distortion measurement.
10. Modulation measurement. RF field meters.
11. Measurement of resistance, capacitance, inductance and Q. The basic types of bridges. Immittance measurements.
12 Characteristics measurement. Parts parameters meters, measurement of transmission characteristics. Generators for measurement signals. Measurement Automation.
The aim of the course is to deepen the knowledge of the principles, methods and use of electronic measuring instruments, methods of determination of measurement uncertainties and general procedures used in the processing of the measurement results.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Laboratory classes are compulsory. It is possible to replace the missed task in alternative exercises.