Engineering Pedagogy and Didactics
FEKT-XPC-IPDAcad. year: 2019/2020
The IPD course deals, in accordance with the fundamentals of general pedagogy, with all the related areas of study and the specification of engineering matter impact. The subject deals with discovering how the respective training methods are affected with the above impact, and specified according to the educational targets involved in special subjects, with taking their hierarchy into account. The structure of the lectures is taking into account the various expertise of the students.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Understanding of pedagogical capabilities for the purpose of teaching of engineering subjects.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Melezinek, A.: Inženýrská pedagogika, ČVUT Praha, 1994
viz elektronické texty pro daný obor na www.feec.vutbr.cz
Kalhous, Z., Obst, O. a kol.: Školní didaktika. Portál. Praha 2002
Průcha, J.: Moderní pedagogika, Portál, Praha, 2002
Petty, G.: Moderní vyučování, Portál, Praha, 1996
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.Teaching mehods are preaching, discussion, one single presentation during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every year.
Language of instruction
1. Pedagogy - the basic features.
2. History of pedagogical systems.
3. Education and its formal confirmation.
4. Factors of education.
5. Theoretical ground of teaching.
6. Education planning, realization and evaluation.
7. Stress at school
The mode of introduction of various education methods, and the different modes of application of the same into the educational process.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer