FEKT-BPC-TDEAcad. year: 2019/2020
Standardization of documents (ISO, EN, IEC, ETS, ČSN). Drawings of parts and assembly. Schemes in electrotechnics. Documentation for printed circuit boards. Diagrams. Text documents. Informative database. Computer support for creating documentation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course, the student is able to:
- to draw up drawings in electrical engineering,
- read the drawing documentation of other fields for cooperation,
- Create simple engineering-type drawing documentation including tolerances of shape, position and surface structure,
- use the basics of SolidWorks - create 3D volume models and assemblies.
- Create graphs and outputs for technical reports in Excel.
- orientated in IS FEKT and BUT.
Highschool knowledge of descriptors.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Procházka, P., Rozsívalová, Z.: Materiály a technická dokumentace, část Technická dokumentace. Elektronické texty VUT, Brno, 2002. (CS)
Giesecke, F., a další: Technical Drawing, Prentice Hall, USA (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
100 points for classified credit.
Language of instruction
1. Information systems using at FEEC/ BUT and their corresponding user accounts. Rules and directives of the computer network FEEC / BUT. Access to faculty e-mail, Horde WWW interface. Filter e-mail attachments. Configure el. mail. Redirecting mail. BUT and EDUROAM WiFi networks. VPN.
2. Purpose and importance of documentation, classification and types of documents, standardization of technical documents (ISO, EN, IEC, ETS, ČSN).
3. Ways and methods of processing. The meaning of a standardized drawing as a legal document.
4. Text documents (ČSN ISO 5966), requirements for organization, processing and editing. Diagrams and their creation. Flowcharts. Information databases - basics, research.
5. The way of technical preparation of the production before the onset of IT, a significant change coming with IT (CAD, PDM, ERP systems).
6. Computer support resources (MS Word, MS Excel, OrCAD / PADS, SolidWorks).
7. Requirements of technical reports from measurements, creation of tables and graphs.
8. The meaning of drawing documentation as a language tool and legal document. Design Methods in Drawing Documentation, Method E / A.
9. Elements of the production drawings of a single part (display, dimension and its tolerance, geometric tolerances, surface tolerance).
10. Drawing of assembly, its meaning and differences, drawings with electrical assembly.
11. Electrotechnical schemes - component marks, composite marks (ČSN IEC 617). Displaying links and links. Letter-digit marking of objects in electrical engineering.
12. Ways and methods of diagramming. Types of electrotechnical schemes.
13. Basic documentation for printed circuit boards. Terminology, accuracy classes, execution, essentials of basic documents.
1. VPN settings, and EDUROAM. Installation of a certificate for BUT mail, orientation in a web-based information system (timetable, e-learning, validity of Decree 50). Configure el. Mail. Redirecting mail. VPN settings.
2. Excel - Creating tables, editing, using functions, absolute and relative references, creating a chart, editing a chart (chart name, axis descriptions, legend editing, data line editing, adding a new data line to an existing chart, Trend and substitute mathematical function of the data series).
3. SolidWorks - creation of linear 3D shapes.
4. SolidWorks - Creating 3D Rotational Shapes, How to Make a 3D Volume Model for Conversion to ANSYS.
5. SolidWorks - Editing a Modeling History.
6. SolidWorks - assembly, collision control, overlap control about the preparation of a 3D volume model for conversion to ANSYS.
7. SolidWorks - derived drawings from a 3D volume model.
8. Solid PDM - Enterprise Data Management and Management.
9. Mathematical Physical Analysis using SolidWorks FlowSimulation - Electromagnetism.
10. Mathematical Physical Analysis Using SolidWorks FlowSimulation - Cooling Electrotechnical Devices.
11. PADS - schema editor, schema drawing, tag insertion, node interconnection.
12. PADS - Editing schemes, editing options, creating a netlist, exporting Data.
13. Credit test
The aim in the part "Technical Documentation" is to acquaint students with standardization of documents in electrotechnology, with ways and demands on their processing. The students will learn the basis of usage of CAD systems, MS Word and Excel.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Obligatory participation in teaching.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
eLearning: currently opened course