FEKT-BPC-FSLAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course gives information about the most commnon financial instruments in the field of banking and insurance, focusing on both individual and corporate clients. There will be also mentioned another financial institutions in the Czech Republic, e.g. factoring and leasing companies, unit trusts, building societies. Students will be given basic skills when choosing sources of financing, making investments or selecting a kind of insurance to protect from risk.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Awareness of the most common banking and insurance products.
The knowledge of unit trusts structure.
The knowledge of basic features of pension funds, building societies, factoring companies and non-banking credit institutions
Interest in the course.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Máče, M.: Platební styk, Grada, 2006, Praha (CS)
Kalabis, Z.: Základy bankovnictví, BizBooks, 2012 (CS)
Polouček, S.: Bankovnictví, C. H. Beck, 2013 (CS)
Ducháčková, E.: Pojištění a pojišťovnictví, Ekopress, 2015 (CS)
Tůma, A.: Průvodce úspěšného investora, Grada, 2014 (CS)
časopis Bankovnictví (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations - lectures, discussion, analysis of up-to-date financial products.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit. Written test.
Language of instruction
1.Banking system of the Czech Republic, structure of bank business.
2.System of bank credits
3.System of instruments of investment
4.Bill of exchange, bond, stock
6.Insurance - basic terms, kinds of insurance service
8.Building societies, pension funds
9.Non-banking credit institutions, installment purchasing
Students will be given the basic knowledge in the field of raising capital decisions and making investment decisions. They will be also given information about insurance products that can be found in the Czech republic, so that they will be capable of preventing risks.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer