FIT-IPSOAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course is thematically divided into the two parts. The first part: starting stands, theories and terminology of general psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology and personality psychology. The second part: principal themes of educational psychology, the process of learning, teacher-student relation, teacher typology, problems of school failure.
Psychological self-recognition of students, the practice of chill-out techniques, experience techniques connected with psychological tests presentation are used in the course of practice.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Gaining of preconditions to deeper insight and command of psychological determinants of issues bounded to the area of pedagogical practice.
Interest in the subject.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Elektronické studijní opory/texty dostupne na http://www.feec.vutbr.cz/UJAZ/evyuka.php.cz
Čáp, J., Mareš, J.: Psychologie pro učitele. Praha, Portál, 2001.
Fontana, D.: Psychologie ve školní praxi. Příručka pro učitele. Praha, Portál, 1997.
Hartl, P., Hartlová, H.: Psychologický slovník. Praha, Portál, 2000.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
The course provides students basic orientation in the terminology of psychology and main psychological concepts. It should help them with forming of psychological insight into a problem that they will be able to use in their pedagogical praxis as well as in personal life.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures.
Type of course unit
52 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- History of psychology. Subject, tasks, branches and methods of psychology.
- Socialization, social learning. Psychology of social groups.
- Communication. Assertive communication. Uniqueness of pedagogical communication.
- Theoretical questions of developmental psychology. Characteristics of stages of development.
- Personality from the psychological point of view, its structure.
- Cognitive processes I: the Biological foundation of the mind. Consciousness. Attention. Perception. Memory.
- Cognitive processes II: Thinking. Creativity. Learning.
- Motivational, emotional and volitional processes. Positive psychology.
- Educational psychology. The personality of the pedagogue. Methods and means of education.
- Social pathological phenomenon. Behaviour disorders.
- Causes of school failure. Specific learning disabilities.
eLearning: currently opened course