Engineering Pedagogy and Didactics
FIT-IIPDAcad. year: 2019/2020
Introduction to education process problems. Definition of the pedagogic matter. A set of the terms. Possibilities of implementation this knowledge in pedagogic practice. Fundamentals of engineering courses didactic. The didactic transform of science cognition into engineering courses education. Educational aims of engineering courses. Creative using of all didactic tools.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Understanding of pedagogical capabilities for the purpose of instruction of engineering courses.
To be interested in given problems, and to have the minimum knowledge in pedagogic problems.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Průcha, J.: Moderní pedagogika. Portál s.r.o., Praha, 2002
Kalhous Z., Obst O.: Školní didaktika. Portál s.r.o., Praha 2002
Jůva V. jun. a sen.: Stručné dějiny pedagogiky
Melezinek, A.: Inženýrská pedagogika. ČVUT Praha, 1991
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Tests passed during the semester.
Personal presence on at least 80 % of the lectures.
Language of instruction
To familiarise students with an introduction into education process problems, the definition of the pedagogic matter and a set of the terms. To devote information on possibilities of implementation this knowledge in pedagogic practice. To inform about fundamentals of engineering courses didactic, the didactic transform of science cognition into engineering courses education, educational aims of engineering courses and creative using of all didactic tools.
Type of course unit
52 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- The subject field history and general issues of the school system. Engineering pedagogy as an educational course.
- Education, its functions, goals, forms, components, means, and methods. Domains of pedagogy.
- Pedagogical research and its methods. Basic pedagogical documents, educational programmes. The system of education in the Czech Republic.
- General Didactics. Domain didactics. Secondary school pupil. The personality of a teacher.
- Subject field curriculum. Curriculum problematics. Environment factors.
- Theoretical rudiments of teaching and learning. Methods and forms of teaching. Didactical principles.
- Projecting and implementing teaching. Motivation. Communication.
- Educational goals and their implementation.
- Educational process discipline. Causes, discipline measures, persecution. Education results evaluation.
- Introductory course on special pedagogy: classification, rudimentary terminology, consultancy system.
- Alternative school system.
- Vocational courses teacher preparation.
eLearning: currently opened course