Practise In Business Negotiation
FP-PtojKAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course focuses on relevant knowledge necessary for efficient business negotiation. Development of social ability and competences is emphasized, while the practice activities concentrate especially on mastering of business skills by students in national and international environment.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students practise relevant psychological skills necessary for the psychology of sales, successful business negotiation. Also dealt with is practising of the following skills: Selection and training of dealers and sellers; quality preparation, management and closing of business negotiation, effective social communication during business negotiation, leading business negotiation in accordance with evaluation of the type of customer / business partner, successful offer and reasoning, answering questions and overcoming objections of customers, successful presentation of products and company at fairs, exhibitions and similar occasions.
Knowledge of basics of interpersonal communication based on reading:
KONEČNÁ, Z. Základy komunikace. Základy komunikace. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2009. s. 1-151. ISBN: 978-80-214-3891- 0.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BUREŠ, I., LOPUCHOVSKÁ V.A. Zlatá pravidla vyjednávání nejen v obchodě a podnikání. Praha: Management Press, 2004. ISBN 80-7261-119-4 (CS)
HARTLEY, M. Řeč těla v praxi. Teorie, cvičení a modelové situace. Praha: Portál, 2004. 103s. ISBN 80-7178-844-9. (CS)
DEVITO, J. A. Základy mezilidské komunikace. Grada, Praha 2001, 1. vyd., 420 s., ISBN 80-7169-988-8. (CS)
LYKOVÁ, J. Jak organizovat a řídit úspěšný prodej. Praha: Grada, 2002. 200 s. ISBN 80-247-0205-3. (CS)
GRETZ, K.F., DROZDECH, S.R. Psychologie prodeje. Praha: Victoria publishing, 2002. ISBN 80-247-0401-3. (CS)
NOVÝ, I., SCHROLL-MACHL, S. a kol. Interkulturní komunikace v řízení a podnikání. 2.vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2001. s. 184. ISBN 80-7261-042-2. (CS)
HOSPODÁŘOVÁ, I. Obchodní jednání – kde je problém? Praha: Expertis, 1997. ISBN 80-902446-0-2. (CS)
PROVAZNÍK, V. a kol. Psychologie pro ekonomy a manažery. Praha: Grada, 2002. 228 s. ISBN 80-247-0470-6. (CS)
KOMÁRKOVÁ, R., RYMEŠ, M., VYSEKALOVÁ, J. Psychologie trhu. Praha: Grada Publishing, 1998, 160 s. ISBN 80-7169-632-3. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Exercises promote the practical mastery of subject presented in courses or assigned for individual study with the active participation of students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for awarding the course-unit credit: Participation in seminars and successful completion of two semester works on a given topic in declared quality and scope, proving knowledge of learned topics as well as their application. The seminar works have to be delivered in due term. One of them is oriented on the correct argumentation and the second one on the correct answers regarding objections.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction of the aim and syllabus of the seminars; requirements and rules for activities and partitipation of students during the seminars; criteria of evaluation of the seminary works; setting of important terms.
2. Characteristics of seller personality; selecting criteria and training of sales personnel.
3. Effective social communication – verbal.
4. Effective social communication – non-verbal.
5. Typology of customers; assessment of a partner in business negotiation process.
6. Business negotiation process: initiation and customer´s needs identification.
7. Business negotiation process: effective argumetation principles.
8. Business negotiation process: answering questions, effective answering of customers objectives.
9. Business negotiation process: making an effective offer and conclusion of business negotiation.
10. Priciples of effective presentation of firm and products.
11.General principles of business negotiation process in an international environment.
12.Specifics of business negotiation process in selected national cultures
13. Final conlusion and evaluation of acquired knowledge and skills, awarding course-unit credits.
The aim of the course is to introduce to students the basic topics from the area of psychology of sales and successful business negotiation, as well as to enable acquirement and mastering of practical sales and negotiations skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures is recommended, attendance at lessons is compulsory and controlled. The relevant excuse is required in case of absence at seminars (documentation of illness or another serious reason for absence). An excused absence of a student from seminars can be compensated for by attending an alternate seminar or in other way as agreed with the teacher.