FP-rmKAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course is focused on the following philosophy: the Success (company's, manager's) is conditioned on making changes inside of a company. With changed company's management is closely related the methods of risk decreasing.
The module is focused on the following fields: company's '7S' framework. A successful company, a successful manager. The decision making in a company. Types and analysis of risk. Methods of risks decreasing. Risk decreasing and investment evaluation in personal and company's invest. The risk connected with company's strategy change. Prognosis as instrument for decreasing company's risk.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will know the traditional and modern procedures of risk measuring, including the most widely used methods of decreasing the company's risk. Students will acquire the basic necessary skills needed for analyzing and evaluation the company's risk, including the proposal for changing strategy in company with respect to risk analyze. Students will also be able to manage change processes standard strategy (both business as well as functional) each SBU firm.
Knowledge of basic statistic and probability on the level of bachelor's study programme. The basic knowledge of decision-making in a company on the level of bachelor's study programme.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SMEJKAL, V.; RAIS, K. Řízení rizik ve firmách a jiných organizacích. Expert. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2013. s. 1-466. ISBN: 978-80-247-4644- 9.
RAIS, K., DOSKOČIL, R.: Risk management. 1.vyd., CERM s.r.o, Brno, 2007, 152 s., ISBN 978-80-214-3510-0.
MERNA, T. Risk management: řízení rizika ve firmě / Tony Merna, Faisal F. Al-Thani. 1. vyd., Brno: Computer Press, 2007, 194 s., ISBN 978-80-251-1547-3.
TICHÝ, M. Ovládání rizika: analýza a management, 1.vyd. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2006, 396 s., ISBN 80-7179-415-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course contains lectures that explain basic principles, problems and methodology of the discipline, and exercises that promote the practical knowledge of the subject presented in the lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for awarding the course-unit credit:
1. Active participation in exercises will be controlled and assessed by the teacher - max. 100 points.
2. Successful completion of a credit test - max assessment: 100 points in due term, 80 points in first reparative test and 60 points in second reparative test.
3. Successful elaboration of semester work in pre-set deadline. Maximum 100 points for handing over in the deadline max 80 points for late handing over.
4. Total number of points for awarding the course-unit credit has to be higher than 150.
Conditions for passing an exam: Knowledge of taught topics and its practical application.
Form of examination: Combined - a written test and an oral examination if necessary.
Language of instruction
Topics of lectures are the following:
1. Introduction - the basic identification of the problems, the sequence on study modules
2. The display of company's life (from small to multinational) - the '7S' scheme
3. Successful company, successful manager
4. The decision-making of changes within a company
5. Types and analyse of risk.
6. Methods of risk decreasing in company's management
7. Data, information and knowledge
8. The basics of investment mathematics and the methodology of investment decision-making.
9. Risk decreasing and evaluation of investments in personal and company's decision-making.
10. Risk connected with company's strategy change.
11. Prognosis - the instrument of risk decreasing in economic company's life.
The seminars will be focused on practising the lectured topics and elaboration of case studies (both individually and in teams).
The main objective of the course is to provide students with the theoretical foundations and methodology necessary for the identification, analysis and risk assessment of business processes. Attention is paid to methods of reducing the risk of failure of implementing the change processes of the company. Based on the understanding of the classical model of change (Lewins model) methodology is presented to the change of company strategy with consideration of risk processes. Methods of preventive removal of the causes of risky situations and methods of reducing the adverse consequences of risky situations are presented with concrete examples. As a tool of knowledge reduction of uncertainty about the future and reduce the risks involved are presented the basic principles of forecasting (with details of their principal advantages and disadvantages).
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Control of results of independent work on assigned tasks. In case of excused absence from seminars, the teacher can set additional condition if appropriate, usually elaboration of partial written task.
Classification of course in study plans