FP-mpPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course focuses on relevant psychological knowledge necessary for efficient corporate management and increasing the efficiency of the company. Mastering and development of social and managerial as well as entrepreneurial skills are emphasized. Also dealt with is the practical application of acquired knowledge to management of individuals, teams and other organizational units.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will acquire relevant psychological knowledge and skills as required for a manager and entrepreneur from the following fields regarding ability to work and competences:
- health ability and competences
- professional ability and competences
- methodical ability and competences
- social ability and competences
Knowledge of theory published in book: PAUKNEROVÁ, D. a kol. Psychologie pro ekonomy a manažery. Druhé, přepracované a aktualizované vydání. Praha: Grada 2006. ISBN 80-247-1706-9.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
FRANKOVÁ, E.: Manažerská psychologie I. Studijní text pro kombinovanou formu studia. Brno: CERM 2005. 53 s. ISBN 80/214/3065/6. (CS)
BEDRNOVÁ, E. a kol. Duševní hygiena a sebeřízení pro vysokoškoláky a mladé manažery. Praha: Fortuna, 1999. ISBN 80-7168-681-6. (CS)
FRANKOVÁ, E. Manažerská psychologie. Brno: VUT,1996. ISBN 80-214-0752-2. (CS)
NAKONEČNÝ, M. Motivace pracovního jednání a její řízení. Praha: Management Press, 1992. (CS)
NAKONEČNÝ, M. Sociální psychologie.Praha: Academia, 1999. ISBN 80-200-0690-7. (CS)
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I. & kol. Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha: Management Press, 2002. 2. rozšířené vydání. ISBN 80-7261-064-3. (CS)
PETERS, TJ., WATERMAN, R.H. Hledání dokonalosti. Praha: Svoboda-Libertas, 1993. ISBN 80-205-0313-7. (CS)
LUKÁŠOVÁ, R., NOVÝ, I. a kol. Organizační kultura. Od sdílených hodnot a cílů k vyšší výkonnosti podniku. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2004. ISBN 80-247-0648-2. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course contains lectures that explain basic principles, problems and methodology of the discipline, and exercises that promote the practical knowledge of the subject presented in the lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Attendance at the lecture is not obligatory. The following conditions are required for successful completion of the course:
1) Participation in seminars (max. 1 unconfirmed absence). Participation in the exercises means the active involvement of the student in real-world cases, whether as an individual or as a member of a student team.
2) successful completion of the final written test at the end of the semester with a minimum of 60% success. All materials to prepare for the test will be delivered to students in electronic form.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the course. Conception of the course.
2. The enterprise as a social system. Categorizations of efficiency influencing factors. Formal and informal authority of a manager and entrepreneur. Substance and acquirement of power and influence.
3. Ability to work and competences of a manager and entrepreneur, their importance, connections and consequences. Methods of its recognition, preservation and development.
4. Health ability and competences of manager and entrepreneur, their importance, connections and consequences. Methods of its recognition, preservation and development.
5. Professional ability and competences of manager and entrepreneur, their importance, connections and consequences. Methods of its recognition, preservation and development.
6. Methodical ability and competences of manager and entrepreneur, their importance, connections and consequences. Methods of its recognition, preservation and development.
7. Social ability and competences of manager and entrepreneur, their importance, connections and consequences. Methods of its recognition, preservation and development.
The contents of the exercises is to practice recited around themes and processing the specified task.
The aim of the course is to provide students with psychological knowledge and skills practically applicable in the economic activities of managers and entrepreneurs. The course enables students to acquire and develop specific managerial and entrepreneurial skills especially in the field of: social communication, recognition and influencing of people, self-cognition and own personal development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures and lessons is necessitated and controlled.